About 10 on the phones

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I saw a brief screenshot somewhere, and it looked to me like the tiles on 10 on the phone are identical to the tiles on the PC from 8. It didn't even look like the tiles are color conformant. Is this true ? Has Microsoft gotten rid of color conformant tiles from WP8? I personally don't like how a lot of the stock app tiles work on 8 on the laptop. They are a little boring and lifeless, and the live tile nature is not utilized very well.

Anybody have some more screenshots from 10 on the phone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That text though:
"Can you send me photos from our run?"
People take pictures when they run? Really Microsoft? Unless its some sort of practice kind of run (first screenshot has a band during practice)

I know that i sometimes see things I want to take a photo of when I go on a bike ride.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
**** me... We started with a gorgeous user interface with hidden status bar, pivots and panorama controls, ellipsis, buttons all in a circle to indicate they are buttons, and an emphasis on placing controls at the bottom within thumbs reach. Now we have a hideous status bar sitting there all the time, ******* tabs in apps (wtf), hamburgers everywhere and they are not just one standard image - they are all different size and look awful, buttons just look like any other icon, all manner of controls relocated to the top of the screen so that the user must both use two hands as well as block their view of the screen while they select them.

**** you Microsoft. **** you very much. :eck::angry::unhappysweat:

I don't think they could help it with the status bar unless they put the action centre elsewhere. The new icons/buttons look like cleaner versions of the old ones to me.

Last edited:

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they look well polished! Start screen is also good instead of only black and white we can now set custom wall papers at the back!

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I like how the hambuerger menu icon looks different on every app.. Steve Jobs was right, Microsoft has no culture, never had and never will..

(My bets on this situation will stay like this after the official release)

NikolausD

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Judging from what we've seen so far, they seem to keep the general tile design of WP8.1, apart from making them semi-transparent with a background image. Actually I think they will make the tiles on W10 for PCs look more like WP. As you can see in this official mockup, the preinstalled apps use the accent color for the tiles on the PC, just like WP8.1.
microsoft-windows-10-phone-tablet-pc.png
We can expect tile design to change though, I think MS has already revealed that they will offer new design layouts for tiles in W10. And who know, maybe we will see some new functionality for live tiles (new sizes? interactive tiles? "mix view" type of feature?)

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
**** me... We started with a gorgeous user interface with hidden status bar, pivots and panorama controls, ellipsis, buttons all in a circle to indicate they are buttons, and an emphasis on placing controls at the bottom within thumbs reach. Now we have a hideous status bar sitting there all the time, ******* tabs in apps (wtf), hamburgers everywhere and they are not just one standard image - they are all different size and look awful, buttons just look like any other icon, all manner of controls relocated to the top of the screen so that the user must both use two hands as well as block their view of the screen while they select them.

**** you Microsoft. **** you very much. :eck::angry::unhappysweat:

I agree with some of what you've said, I don't know where you get the idea that there'll be a permanent status bar everywhere, that's not what I take from what I've seen. But at least this time around, as part of the Insider program, you'll be able provide your direct feedback, even on the little things that irk you that might influence changes to the OS before it completes. Microsoft has said that there were changes to the latest Technical Preview based on the Insider feedback.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3