The infamous Resuming screen, any chance Windows 10 for phone gonna fix that?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: The infamous "Resuming" screen, any chance windows 10 for "phone" gonna fix that

Impossible to say at this point.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
No, you are not. It's a well-known bug in WinRT... Will probably mostly go away by W10 hopefully. I know that doesn't sound very optimistic but last I heard MS said they were working on converging the issues WinRT had compared to Silverlight which was smooth as butter. Just wait it out, and hopefully it will be fixed with coming OS updates.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
they better do, I don't think they have the balls to present w10 on stage showing a loading screen every few seconds

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: The infamous "Resuming" screen, any chance windows 10 for "phone" gonna fix that

You're not. My 1020 has tanked with the developer preview and 8.1.

W10 better fix it.

You ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the reason you get those screens is because your phone is a bit on the slow end?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

You ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the reason you get those screens is because your phone is a bit on the slow end?

No, because it was fantastic on 8.0. The minute I switched to 8.1 it completely bogged down. So bad that when I scroll on my Start Screen, the tiles will all be blank and take a couple seconds to load up. I've tried removing a bunch of tiles, removing folders, all kinds of things. Even did a reset.

It seems to be hit or miss with some people, so I think there is some bug that only happens with a certain set of factors. Either way it's embarrassing and uncharacteristic of Windows Phone.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

So bad that when I scroll on my Start Screen, the tiles will all be blank and take a couple seconds to load up. I've tried removing a bunch of tiles, removing folders, all kinds of things. Even did a reset.

Sounds like a cheap Android! :amaze:

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I was beginning to think that "Resuming..." was a feature.

I love walking into an AT&T, Best Buy, or Microsoft Store to play around with the new Windows Phones. Every 830 I've tried - no matter the city, the state, nor the store - when I hit the Windows Key to exit the running demo?

Resuming...

Hard to imagine that's what you want your "best foot forward" to look like.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

.... I beg your pardon? Apps, like camera and music, take longer to load on my 925 than they did on my old Galaxy Nexus (which is a 2011 phone, by the way), and there is a *huge* difference in performance of the chipsets both phones. And Windows Phone is supposed to be inherently faster AND smoother than Android.

Lol @ this android brainwashing of "fast" hardware. You do realize you don't actually need something as powerful as the Snapdragon 800 to run something as small as a mobile OS? You are really, seriously, undermining the performance of these ARM chips.

Fact is, MS botched the runtime and I hope they fix it soon. A 720 on WP8 felt faster than a 1020 on WP8.1.

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Belfiore already Said its related to optimization issues mostly

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Belfiore already Said its related to optimization issues mostly

Who gives two ****s about all these excuses. I don't care 1% what the reason is. Fact is we have these resuming screens. And other OS's don't. Period. End of story.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

I've only had it happen on my L925 after I un-installed Live Lockscreen, but now it's working flawlessly.

Roland

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Who gives two ****s about all these excuses. I don't care 1% what the reason is. Fact is we have these resuming screens. And other OS's don't. Period. End of story.

Which windows phone are you using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros