Will Windows 10 on phones be slower?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Seeing how the Windows insider app links to a system requirements page, this could mean it wouldn't run as smooth on lower hardware. Thus it will also run slower on a Lumia 920 for example. Or an I thinking wrong? I hope Windows 10 is a faster OS.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well, they'll be an element of hardware limitation. But I guess no one really knows until there's a finished OS and some benchmarking done.
I'll certainly not be putting it on a handset I use regularly until I read some experiences.

Yadiel Johnson

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Considering they committed to bring it to ALL devices running 8.1, they'd have to optimize it, meaning less features for a 520, for example. It should, at least, be, and seem, faster 😉

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Low-end devices will get a different version of the system with less features. So they won't lag.
Also, WP is known to play nice even on low hardware.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Life.

JK, the later thing is generally a well known fact.
The first sentance was what I figured out it would be - the same as with Hey Cortana and such.
Low end models won't have the required hardware to run it smooth (or to run it at all), and it won't be on them.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Life.

JK, the later thing is generally a well known fact.
The first sentance was what I figured out it would be - the same as with Hey Cortana and such.
Low end models won't have the required hardware to run it smooth (or to run it at all), and it won't be on them.
That's not a different version though. But I get what you mean.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
with the update for "Windows Insider" released today there's something about "Make sure your phone does meet the system requirements..."
oh oh :straight:

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I think MS are just covering all bases, but overall I would expect low-powered devices to get the update, but not some of the new features.
Probably the reason the new generation low-end phones have 1Gb.

But even I don't expect my 820 to work as effortlessly as say the 830 or even the 840 (if/when released)...

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills