Cortana wants to text on desktop!! Video link

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Today I mispronounced something while trying to use Hey Cortana. She thought I wanted to text someone - so I got a little far with the texting thing from my W10 preview - but it looks like she hit a brick wall. I'm going to guess this is coming soon.
Also what's with that extra icon on the keyboard? Does anyone know it's purpose? Is it just a hint to drag the thing around?

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but Cortana in the current Windows 10 Technical Preview is using a lot of the same code found on Windows Phone. I wouldn't be surprised if they just left the "ability to send text" in there for now if they did a copy-paste of Cortana.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
MS are putting greater Skype integration with Win10, so not quite an iMessage alternative...
Would have liked to be able to send/receive texts via my PC (using mobile instead of Skype)...

G

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but Cortana in the current Windows 10 Technical Preview is using a lot of the same code found on Windows Phone. I wouldn't be surprised if they just left the "ability to send text" in there for now if they did a copy-paste of Cortana.

Not necessarily a copy-paste of Cortana, don't forget that some laptops and tablets have mobile network connectivity so those devices could potentially use it for texting.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily a copy-paste of Cortana, don't forget that some laptops and tablets have mobile network connectivity so those devices could potentially use it for texting.
I am not ruling out the possibility of being able to send text messages via Cortana. What I am saying is that if they kinda just ported the WP version as the base and then start coding other features for desktop, it's not unusual if they haven't removed/improved the texting capability just yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3