I am eager to get Windows 10 but worried about my phone breaking. Is the update worth it?

Sollybro

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
yes so i want the windows 10 preview update for my htc 8x but i am worried about it breaking my phone, and is it even worth (much difference) it, please help me, thanks

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Currently the preview hasn't rolled out yet. So there's nobody that knows exactly how and what for your device.

Previously there were issues with HTC devices and developer previews for 8.1. Those have been fixed by Microsoft though.

However, here's the main thing. For Lumia's we know there is Windows 10 support, officially. For the HTC devices, nobody really knows for sure. Most people suspect there will be, but it depends partially on HTC too and they don't support their devices very long at all. Judging by how they go about supporting their HTC 8s/8x and their Android devices...

I'd wait a little bit for news of other people having success with their HTC 8X device before you try it, if you are worried about problems.

TetchyOyvind

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would not recommend installing Windows 10, or any experimental OS on your daily driver. You never know if your phone will crash when you need it the most...
I just ordered a Lumia 530 to test Windows 10 on it (if the preview becomes available for it), so I don't have to risk my daily driver 😊

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I would not recommend installing Windows 10, or any experimental OS on your daily driver. You never know if your phone will crash when you need it the most...
I just ordered a Lumia 530 to test Windows 10 on it (if the preview becomes available for it), so I don't have to risk my daily driver 😊

I'll be trying it out on my old phone; a Samsung Ativ S. It's handled the Preview for Developers fairly well. Fortunately I didn't give it the update that was messing up some Ativ models. I've got a Lumia 830 now that is only going to see official updates unless the Windows 10 for Phone Preview blows me away. And even then...

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Even i ordered a micromax phone in india.it got a good hardware like snapdragon 200 nd 1gb ram.so I'll install preview on my 520 if available

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
personally, I wouldn't try unfinished software on a non lumia, lumias have a way to reinstall the os to a piror version if something goes wrong, 3rd party phones lack such a feature

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills