What Will Be My Best Method of Upgrading?

Jonah Park

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I have an old laptop with a dual boot of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
I know that this is a long time away but I am just wondering, when the final version of Windows 10 comes, how will I update so that I can upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 RTM, but erase all remnants of W10 tech preview? I have had bad issues with erasing and eliminating partitions in the past (specifically with a Ubuntu dual boot) so I would rather just get an opinion from you guys before I do anything.

tl;dr - I want to get rid of my W10 TP partitions and reallocate it for Windows 7 and then upgrade Windows 7 to W10 RTM when the time comes. How will I do this safely and most effectively?

Thanks.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This is what I would (and probably WILL) do -
Get a Windows10 instalation media (DVD / USB), put it in your laptop, boot from it, delete all partitions and rearange the free space the way you like it (I'll just format my partitions since I like it this way), install Win10 where you want it to be, and that's it.
I'm guessing the way the free upgrade will work is that you can use your Windows 7/8 key when asked for the licence.

Before that you should save the files you need on an external drive or some other place.
---

You could also just boot any Windows instalation media and format the drive on which Win10 TP is, and after you're done, go to Win7, and update it to Win10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium