Will the "Play To" function from right clicking a video file work with MKV files?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I know they're promising native MKV support. I'm hoping this means I can stream straight to my TV or Xbox by right clicking the file and choose the "play to" option but I don't ever remember this being confirmed.

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I can use Play To to stream mkv files to my Xbox One and my Bravia TV but it isn't great at the moment. There are frequent pauses and sometimes the audio gets out of sync. I think it may be a problem with Play To in Windows 10 TP though as the same has happened with mp4 files.
Never had a problem with mp4 and Play To in Windows 8.1. Hopefully the bugs will get sorted in future updates.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I can use Play To to stream mkv files to my Xbox One and my Bravia TV but it isn't great at the moment. There are frequent pauses and sometimes the audio gets out of sync. I think it may be a problem with Play To in Windows 10 TP though as the same has happened with mp4 files.
Never had a problem with mp4 and Play To in Windows 8.1. Hopefully the bugs will get sorted in future updates.

It's troubling that this is working for some and not all. I say it's troubling because it could mean that in the eyes of MS this isn't an issue. Again I have submitted it via Windows feedback, but what if they actually do read my feedback, try to reproduce the problem and can't? There are other issues (error when trying to use windows update, vpn not working etc) that's lots of others aren't experiencing any issues with.

I really hope that's not what happens. When we can't reproduce an issue at my job, we file it away.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

This

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria