What the hell is wrong with the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
​More and more a I see people getting away from wp. WP is doomed they say. The app gap is unbearable they say. There's no true flagship they say...and go on and on...I think most people that complain don't read anything in WC because I see some question in here that makes wanna cut myself (just kidding) but more seriously...I think WP is here to stay and that most people don't really know what WP can do for them, and not talking about app but the OS itself WP is the best Os out there.
So what you think? Is WP turning the tables around? Or it always will be that little third that no one gives a damn.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
​More and more a I see people getting away from wp. WP is doomed they say. The app gap is unbearable they say. There's no true flagship they say...and go on and on...I think most people that complain don't read anything in WC because I see some question in here that makes wanna cut myself (just kidding) but more seriously...I think WP is here to stay and that most people don't really know what WP can do for them, and not talking about app but the OS itself WP is the best Os out there.
So what you think? Is WP turning the tables around? Or it always will be that little third that no one gives a damn.

best OS out there?????

Blackberry 10 OS is pretty darn good....

no true flagship>>>>I agree

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
What kind of needs? Apps? so a good OS is judged by the amount of app that you can use?

Yes, regardless of what many people here say, apps are the most important part of a smartphone to many(if not most) people. What would Windows desktop be if it didn't have all of the programs and PC games? Would people still want to use it? No, they wouldn't. It is the same with phones.

These pocket computers we carry around are like a toolbox, the more tools they have(apps), the better they are. A toolbox that simply looks the best but has the least amount of tools inside is not what most people would want.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't take them to serious.......
There are always people who wants the latest apps or the latest and most powerfull phones they can lay there hands on
even when WP dont use al those high specs.
There are just a very few people who realy have a legit reason to leave or switch o.s.
but most people are just like sheep following the herd.

Just follow your own mind and do wat you think is right and not what anybody else say what is best.
That's what makes you stand out from the crowd.

The reason i have chosen wp where simple....
Different, fresh and new ( nobody else used it in my tiny circle of friends ) but that is changed over the past two years.
Stability, swift and it had al the apps i needed..minus one but that one is already build for me.
So no reason for me to return to droid or something else.

But MS must start to think international/global a lot of need stuf is stil bound on regions.
For example Cortana...the nice digital assistent they are bragging about.
The painfull truth is that there are more unsuported languages then suported ones.
People are just people and if they see al those nice goodies al over the internet
and find out that it doesnt work in there country they get disapointed and turn there backs.
Just like some phonemodels....okay you can buy them international on the internet,
but that luxury is not for everyone.

If MS is going to push something, they must push it all at once and not fragmented ore leave countries out.
I love the O.S. and the phonedesign of Nokia/MS and i must say that MS has lumious ideas,
but commerce and logistics is not one of them.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What kind of needs? Apps? so a good OS is judged by the amount of app that you can use?

No, completeness and stability, owning three WP and having used the others it is pretty obvious WP falls short. If someone asked me now where WP is heading I'd have no clue, lots of dreams and hopes but we ain't there yet, not sure we will ever be at this pace.

Comparing my 27 month old WP to my almost 6 month one, similarly spec'd, I see a regression rather than progression, the elder is far superior in everyday use which is contrary to what I thought should have been at least the same, why?

Last edited:

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I never understand people complaining about flagship phones. Windows last year had the HTC M8, the Lumia 930, Samsung Ativ SE, all high end phones. Iphone releases once in 2 years one model phone!
We have so many phones to choose on Windows platform; high end, midrange, low end, for everybody something.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I never understand people complaining about flagship phones. Windows last year had the HTC M8, the Lumia 930, Samsung Ativ SE, all high end phones. Iphone releases once in 2 years one model phone!
We have so many phones to choose on Windows platform; high end, midrange, low end, for everybody something.

The problem though is that there may be flagships but not "all" are readily available to everyone, totally different scenario compared to iPhone or Android, I can walk into any carrier in my part of the world and buy the latest and greats of the last two but not WP.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
There are just a very few people who realy have a legit reason to leave or switch o.s.
but most people are just like sheep following the herd.

Ahh....here we have the popular old Windows Central sentiment that people who switch to different platform are sheep. I am sure you will recieve many upvotes and likes, because this is the mentality that flourishes here. Anyone who is not a Windows Phone user is a person who cannot think for themselves, and are worthy of slander and name calling. Incredible.

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Comparing my 27 month old WP to my almost 6 month one, similarly spec'd, I see a regression rather than progression, the elder is far superior in everyday use which is contrary to what I thought should have been at least the same, why?

It is hard to wait for Microsoft to give us an awesome flagship phone, but I take solace in knowing that it WILL happen. Just thinking about this future device keeps me going, it is going to be an incredible release.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, regardless of what many people here say, apps are the most important part of a smartphone to many(if not most) people. What would Windows desktop be if it didn't have all of the programs and PC games? Would people still want to use it? No, they wouldn't. It is the same with phones.

These pocket computers we carry around are like a toolbox, the more tools they have(apps), the better they are. A toolbox that simply looks the best but has the least amount of tools inside is not what most people would want.

Well said. I also agree with MikeX74 that some people wants and needs aren't met by Windows Phone.

For example my boss choose iOS for all his mobile needs for his business. He did not choose iOS because the platform is superior. But he chose iOS because apps fulfill his wants and needs on the go for his business.

The wpOS and hardware are maturing very nicely. But the store still has some work to do.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Ahh....here we have the popular old Windows Central sentiment that people who switch to different platform are sheep. I am sure you will recieve many upvotes and likes, because this is the mentality that flourishes here. Anyone who is not a Windows Phone user is a person who cannot think for themselves, and are worthy of slander and name calling. Incredible.

I don't care for the cudo's ;) but its almost a given fact that most people choose what ever there friends have.
Just ask someone randomly why they have choose the platform they are on.
Most answers you get is that they where advised by others or they have seen others using it.
Not many people are interesting in how it really works as long if it runs the most common apps seen from there friends.

So yea its save to say that most people are followers.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Please don't put words in my mouth, so to speak. I didn't say that, but while we're on the subject, apps do make a platform/OS/device more desirable. You can have the most beautiful device and a functionally perfect OS, but what good is that if you can't use the apps you want to?

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't care for the cudo's ;) but its almost a given fact that most people choose what ever there friends have.
Just ask someone randomly why they have choose the platform they are on.
Most answers you get is that they where advised by others or they have seen others using it.
Not many people are interesting in how it really works as long if it runs the most common apps seen from there friends.

So yea its save to say that most people are followers.

Your post contains one sweeping generalization after another. It's a fact that most people choose whatever their friends have? I'm sure there's a study or survey regarding "most people" you can link to in order to support that, right?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
If MS gave every WP $10,000 you'd still have the people who complain. It got to the point I don't even read their post anymore. I am very happy with my M8 and will still be a WP user in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3