How can i open my Corrupted OST file in MS -Outllook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Fix it?
Or, chances are that you don't need the OST file. Try creating a new Profile in Outlook - they're shouldn't (in an average set-up) be any data in an OST that won't download from the server(s) again.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Outlook data file corruption is actually quite common and one of the reasons why Microsoft has been pushing everyone to use archive mailboxes on exchange instead of pst's. They also recommend not to store pst/ost's on a network share.

They DO have a program that comes with office to fix these though and it is called scanpst.exe
Up to office 2003 Microsoft had 2 programs, scanost.exe and scanpst.exe. After 2003 they rolled all of the functionality in to scanpst.exe.

You may have to google the location of scanpst for which ever version of office you are using since it can change depending on the version and type (click to run or retail) I have seen it in both the office root directory and Microsoft common files. My location for this file is currently C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14. Generally when I set up outlook for my users I set a link for the scanpst program under the office start menu group though generally It's more of a pain to figure out where exactly they have stored their pst/ost's.
Default for 7 and up is usually users\"username"\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\

The biggest gripe I have with this program is that it usually never fixes everything in 1 shot and you have to run it over and over again until it says no errors found. Some Larger files have taken up to 7 times. You figure by now they would have programmed some type of intelligence in to it to keep running until it triggers that no issues found bit.

Oh, and as hotphil has stated, the ost file is just an offline cache of what is currently on the exchange server. Here I would just delete that file and the next time you launch outlook it would recreate the file and re download the cache.

PS.. The only time you really need an offline cache is if you are answering emails while offline on a laptop with no internet connection and you are prepared to send them all once you get connected. Otherwise there really isn't any need to use cached exchange mode.

Ironfisst

Banned
Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
There are so many OST to PST converter software available in online market. But i can recommended to you the popular OST Recovery tool, that can easily repair and recover your corrupted OST file or covert into Outlook PST file format without any hassle. This tool supports all major version of MS Outlook and Windows operating system. You can download the demo version of this tool visit SysInfoTools Software website.

Hope this tool solve your problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99