Can I get some help with some Windows 10 Build 10041 and 10049 Surface Pro 1 issues?

theolympusguy

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Build 10041 and 10049 surface Pro 1 issues

So I have an issue and I really don't know what to do. I have asked for help from everywhere and no one seems to have any input. So this is my last attempt before I give up on widows 10 TP until its finally released. I have now installed the preview on my surface 6 times and the start menu works until I start installing apps.

I can not narrow down what apps as once the issue happens, I have no way of reversing it.

I did try and install the mail app and it failed but the icons were still in the start menu but all black with no access to options. I restarted after every app install and I think its these that are causing it. Any ideas how to fix apps that are crashing the start menu that are not even properly installed?

thanks and someone please help.

FYI I ran the powershell fix on all 5 installs and played a lot with the registry. The next wipe will be the end of me as a insider. I am not ranting because I love windows 10 but I am over spending this my time on a tablet.

any ideas on a fix to get the start menu working would be great.
thanks guys and gals

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Build 10041 and 10049 surface Pro 1 issues

wait for microsoft to provide the update. These are one of those things that are buggy in general in winodws 10. I joined the insider's program since 9926 on my surface pro first gen. If you cant find the solution provide the feedback. That's why there is a feedback app. Write a feedback or add a me too to one that comes close to your critique. Don't stress about it. It's a technical preview, not a consumer preview (like windows 8 back in the day) or RTM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diane Cunhm