How do I reset the login pin (Windows 10 Desktop)?

anon(8987223)

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
i recently set up a pin to log in to my computer so i didn't have to use a password. i forgot the pin and it locked out. it says "the pin has been blocked because to many incorrect pins have been entered". i want to reset it but there doesn't appear to be any way to reset this? does anyone know how? thank you!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: How do i reset the login pin? Windows 10

If it's working (the PIN function had issues in earlier Windows 10 builds and I've not tried it in the recent one) then you should be able to change it in the Sign-in Options under Accounts in the Settings menu.

anon(8987223)

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I reset the login pin (Windows 10)?

it was working but i locked myself out. i forgot the pin and it locked me out. im just wondering if someone knows how to reset it

SleepingWeasle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I reset the login pin (Windows 10)?

My desktop running W10 uses the PIN just fine, so I think the feature should be fixed in this build. However, my SP3 cannot log in using the PIN. At first, when I enter the PIN, it wouldn't do anything for about 45 seconds or so. Then it would ask for me password, without any message telling me the PIN was incorrect (I know it wasn't). After a few times doing this, I get the same message as the OP, and I have also been unable to find a fix for this.

SleepingWeasle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got it working. I changed my account to a local account, restarted, then changed it back to a Microsoft account. Everything is working now, although there is a 2 second delay when signing in with a PIN, that isn't there with a password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte