Windows 10 Spotlight lockscreen collection

love

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
hi! can i make a request? can you also find this photo. it is also a background photo from windows 10. i love it but i do not know how to find it. thank you!

Attachments

• to find.jpg
    to find.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 4

tipako

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

Enough the hassle with the manual searching and renaming the pictures!
I've made an app with let's you easily search and download the Windows Spotlight Wallpapers in Full HD!

Heres the store link to my app named "SpotBright": https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ps%2Fspotbright%2F9nblggh5km22&token=hSm9xD-Y

1.jpg

I've done this app yesterday night and haven't tested it thoroughly over multiple days or weeks on different devices or in different regions - so it might be possible that it stops working, but I dont hope so. If all stays how it should, I will very likely implement additional features like Live Tile or wallpaper/lockscreen picture rotation things or even implement a behaviour that is similar to the one of Windows Spotlight itself.

Let me know what you think of the app and have a wonderful day! :)

Ethan Alvaree

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Great app! Although I'm a little unclear how it works. Where does SpotBright look when you choose "fast search" or "in-depth search"?

Also, it would be nice if there were a way to choose your save location (e.g. locally in your wallpapers folder, or online only in OneDrive, etc.). But this app is really helpful so far. Thanks Tipako!

tipako

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ethan,
great to hear you like it :)

It uses the same Web API as Micorosft does in their Spotlight app.
There will be a option to pick the download folder with the next version ;)

Alim1236

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E735187418E8BF2A!227610&authkey=!ADEW9nvI5KLImDI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg
Here is the photo that love wanted.

Attachments

• 67000000000243990_1920x1080.jpg
    67000000000243990_1920x1080.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 12

vwillo

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for posting your links to all the lost spotlight photos. I can't access the Crise links but the QuentinJ links work perfectly and have all the ones I was looking for.

Ethan Alvaree

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey Tipako,

Great to see updates to SpotBright coming every day. I have it installed on W10 Desktop (Surface) and W10 Mobile (Lumia 950XL).

One thing I noticed is that on W10 Mobile, when you select "choose download location", it doesn't let you choose a folder in OneDrive. The only options are "This Device" and "SD Card". It's unfortunate that OneDrive isn't an option, because I already have a "SpotBright" folder in my OneDrive where desktop SpotBright is saving pictures. Any chance you can fix this?

Thanks!

tipako

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid, it's not possible to select the OneDrive folder on Mobile because OneDrive isn't integrated in the folder structure as it is on Desktop. On W10 Mobile, der is no OneDrive folder, it's all encapsulated in the OneDrive app...

Ethan Alvaree

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid, it's not possible to select the OneDrive folder on Mobile because OneDrive isn't integrated in the folder structure as it is on Desktop. On W10 Mobile, der is no OneDrive folder, it's all encapsulated in the OneDrive app...

Thanks for your response Tipako!

It's strange, because in some apps the file picker lets you select OneDrive as an option. For example, these are all the options offered to you (including OneDrive) when you choose an attachment in Outlook Mail:

wp_ss_20160116_0002.jpg

and also in WhatsApp:

wp_ss_20160116_0003.jpg

However SpotBright only gives us the options "This Device" and "SD Card":

wp_ss_20160116_0001.jpg

I don't understand why other apps (Outlook Mail, WhatsApp, etc.) have access to more locations than SpotBright. Thanks again for your reply!

tipako

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My first guess would be, this is possible in those apps because they need reading access and want to pick a file.
In Spotbright I need writing access and want to pick a folder.
But I will have another look into it!

LuxZg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
@tipako - nice app, thanks :) Too bad you have to pay for notifications :p But I guess eveyone needs to make a living ;)

I do have a question. Are you people still getting new images or not? My PC did not get any new images since New Year, so a bit over a month now. I keep checking manually, but nothing. I'll try now with SpotBright, just downloaded everything (276 pics) and will re-check in a week or so, but it's weird I always got few new ones each week, and now nothing for 5 full weeks, entering 6th today...

tipako

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
New pictures popped at January, 16th the last time. I have no idea in which intervals Microsoft is updating the pictures, could be a month, could be 6 months...

BampaOwl

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm with S Shelby - I would love to know where the "place" ones were taken. Like the ecclesiastical vaulted ceiling I just got today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon