Reserve Windows 10 without active computer.

jdsymons

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got the notification on my Windows 8.1 Laptop and I reserved a Windows 10 copy. But my question is if you don't have an active computer how would you get an upgrade? Meaning I recently had my house burn down and lost a lot of computers. But I had all the Windows 7 and windows 8 on cd's or dvd in a safe. It all survived.

So I guess the real question is can one get Windows 10 with say just the product key? I had six windows 7 computers. For those at the time I purchased the family pack which would let you load 3 computers. So two family packs. I build all my own computers.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You've got 13 months to get those licences up and running on new kit and enroll them for free upgrade to 10.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So what you are saying there is no way to get them by product key?

I would look for the 1-800 or 1-888 number ( if North America ), for Customer Service, then explain it to them and see what they say.

The worst that can be said is No, but then you will know for sure. You never know they could surprise you.....I know I was surprised when I called Microsoft, to ask for a Key for Windows Phone 7. I loaded the hacked ROM of WP7 to my HTC HD2, on boot up the phone asked for a 25 letter key.... Microsoft just gave me a key no questions asked, no fuss.

If you have the disks and a key, you should be able to get an upgrade....I would hope.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just install the Win 8 CD and upgrade to Windows 10 from there. Seems the easiest solution to me.

jdsymons

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Just install the Win 8 CD and upgrade to Windows 10 from there. Seems the easiest solution to me.

Yes but that's just one computer. But as I said:

"I had six windows 7 computers. For those at the time I purchased the family pack which would let you load 3 computers. So two family packs."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikiem