Upgrading a 32gb dual boot tablet to W10?

jedi12

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
i have a android/windows 8.1 dual boot tablet (Cloudfone Epic 7.1 ), it has 32gb storage but only shows 13gb, and i only have 5gb storage free after installing apps..i also put in an 16gb on microsd slot...im afraid that upgrading to windows 10 would not be possible on this device?

DWill22

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
So far I think Win 10 is horrible on tablets and it does not look like that will change. It is even worse on smaller tablets.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 (at least in my opinion) runs great on my two tablets (Surface Pro 3 and an OQO 2+). It's pretty clear that it's nearly ready for release. In theory it should be possible to install if you freed up a bit of space. My worry would be whether or not you'd lose the ability to dual boot into Android. ??? With it being so close to being officially launched, I reckon it would be best to hold off. With SD cards being so cheap now, ir might be worth purchasing a decent 64GB one. Windows 10 lets you install apps on the card, so you could keep some of that space free for updates. 😊

jedi12

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 (at least in my opinion) runs great on my two tablets (Surface Pro 3 and an OQO 2+). It's pretty clear that it's nearly ready for release. In theory it should be possible to install if you freed up a bit of space. My worry would be whether or not you'd lose the ability to dual boot into Android. ??? With it being so close to being officially launched, I reckon it would be best to hold off. With SD cards being so cheap now, ir might be worth purchasing a decent 64GB one. Windows 10 lets you install apps on the card, so you could keep some of that space free for updates. 
hey thanks.. but my worries is that windows 10 requires 16gb ..mine has 32gb but only shows as 13gb no ( maybe from the partition dual boot made)..

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
You are really pushing the envelope running that close to being out of storage space. I would dump Android if you really want to try it, or even officially upgrade it when released.

* Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb. *

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not convinced it requires 16gb. I've read articles saying less than than, and down to 5-6gb. It detects at install if a PC has a fast enough CPU to compress the OS data and apps and if it does then does that to save space.

jedi12

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not convinced it requires 16gb. I've read articles saying less than than, and down to 5-6gb. It detects at install if a PC has a fast enough CPU to compress the OS data and apps and if it does then does that to save space.
i really hope so..thanks!

Danny Spits

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Did it work and or did you get any problems?
Asking this as I purchaced a dual OS tablet for my step son and would likke to know if he will run into any problems
TIA
Danny Spits

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers