Great chance for Windows if it innovates

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Android and iOS are saturating! These not only me many ppl at CNET and other are stating after I/O 2015. This is golden chance for MS to get something ground breaking not just playing catch-up. U will say Continnum? But this is only for high end phones like cityman. And why MS is marketing only such feature where they only market low end phones and it works only on highend. I really like MS and want it to go above Google and Apple. They really need to innovate before any other company or google/apple itself get back to action! With Win10 its just catch-up attempt and they need something great like explodable actionable tiles, 3D Touch, better notification system, etc. Though we have hololens which is many times than cardboard but mobile space needs revamp n innovation like once apple did against Nokia and Windows Mobile.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to innovate in a mature product. However it's good news for Microsoft if the smartphone reached its maturity and the feature and app gap is not increasing anymore.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to innovate in a mature product. However it's good news for Microsoft if the smartphone reached its maturity and the feature and app gap is not increasing anymore.

That's the way I see it. The smartphone product is mature, and has caught up to current technology. If nothing else, this is giving Microsoft a chance to catch up. Microsoft has some revolutionary products on the table, such as Hololens and Continuum. However, they have yet to hit the market. They're mostly prototypes at this point. It will be interesting to see how they play out in real life once they hit.

I feel the next step is battery technology. This has hampered technology development for years now. So far, the focus on extending battery life has been centered on efficiency and even battery size. We need the next breakthrough in battery technology itself.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah.. Battery n making existing features better should be focus.

Hololens has got its competitor cardboard! People are liking it, although its just like kaleidoscope with smartphone fitted in.

It will be nice to see how MS gets back its position n turns table in smartphone + wearable market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi