can't update from 10074

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
HI, anyone else having this issue? I want to update because my GPU isn't working right on this update. I can't roll back and no matter what can't update. I try to do it from "settings" and if it doesn't fail downloading then the installation never follows through - upon restart it asks what keyboard I want and then does not update. I also tried doing it manually via ISO only to have the PC get stuck on a black screen perpetually

MrD1M1M1

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I have roughly the same problem. I'm stuck on Build 10074 as well, but I can't access system settings or the start button. I will try updating it manually today, hopefully it works.

packetwar

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Using the newly released 10130 ISO should work. Are you sure you prepared the thumb drive correctly?

Did you use Windows 7 USB Download Tool or did you format your thumb drive as FAT32 and copy and paste the contents of ISO to the thumb drive for UEFI boot & install?

You could also try Rufus, which is another tool for cooking up thumb drives. Supports UEFI and MBR installations.

Kalmeur

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
My problem is almost the same : I'm stuck in build 10074... When I try to upgrade via windows update (slow ring) it installs windows 10 with the circled installation screen, but the installation stops at 76% and get me to build 10074... And when I try to upgrade via the ISO, the progress stops at 20% and tells me that the installation failed. How can I do to upgrade ?? Maybe I'll have to wait 7/29

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I was able to update to via USB but the problems persist and got even more annoying. I have no audio, gpu is working to a degree but not being recognized And can't update its drivers and now despite being at the proper resolution the setting is all messed up and looks screwed up no matter what rest I have it set to, AND still cant download any updates through "settings". Somehow it hasn't been creating any stinking restore points either so all I can say is screw this... losing some stuff from a clean install is worth going back to 8.1

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone found a solution to this issue. What I have found so far is that the win update file is now missing and unfortunately it can't be updated via ms support neither.
:unhappysweat:

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
or what it's worth, I was able to just reinstall Win8.1. I got to keep my files but did have to reinstall most of my programs and all my games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akashdeep3469