Windows 10 iso won't boot from dvd

TheSteve87

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to install windows 10 but it gets stuck on booting screen. What I should do?

you should totally try to install it using a usb stick or a micro sd if you have a 4GB one (or more), it is much easier to set up this way

by the way, are you trying to install it on a computer with UEFI based bios or an older computer?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What is your boot order? If boot from HDD is first, it won't boot from DVD or USB until you change boot order in BIOS or UEFI.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

vjollila96

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
you should totally try to install it using a usb stick or a micro sd if you have a 4GB one (or more), it is much easier to set up this way

by the way, are you trying to install it on a computer with UEFI based bios or an older computer?
Its pretty old PC. It got AMD athlon 64 bit processor, windows XP 160 GB Samsung hard drive and 2 GB ram

TheSteve87

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Its pretty old PC. It got AMD athlon 64 bit processor, windows XP 160 GB Samsung hard drive and 2 GB ram

i still suggest you to use an usb pen set up with "windows dvd/usb download tool" or an sd card, you should be able to install it but you might have problems afterwards. i recently tried to revive an old amilo pro with an athlon processor and ati graphics with win8.1 and it was slow as hell, not to mention that there's an 80% chance you won't be able to find a working graphics driver

barnstorm

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here with my old Toshiba laptop running XP. Stuck on the Win 10 logo screen.

I've downloaded the 32 bit Win 10 Preview on a DVD and it works on another old computer running Win 7, and I don't think that one has UEFI.

Bummer. Was really hoping to keep this laptop useful with Win 10.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Atkins Charlie

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
i have a similar problem, i have a 64bit processor (pentium pentium g3258) on a Gigabyte GA H81M HD3 Mother Board with 4gb of ram and the 64bit installer wont work either from a usb and a dvd. the 32bit does though also windows only resesters one core

Martin Hagget

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with an old Toshiba Equium L10. It came with XP pre-installed and has given yeoman service. I added the max RAM (total 2 Gb) and upgraded to Win 7 Home, which has run beautifully. But Windows 10 has refused to install by any of the methods (update, media tool, DVD .ISO). In every case it gets stuck at the Win 10 logo and goes no further. I have successfully upgraded to Win 10 on a range of (5) other PCs and laptops, including a PC with only 2GB RAM. I have tried most or all of the numerous ideas being propounded online - disconnecting peripherals, updating drivers, checking memory, changing language settings, clean boot etc. etc. but without success. Any brainspiration would be most welcome. Thank you.

nfhiggs

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I've got this problem as well. I needed to upgrade my video card, and the newer card is not compatible with Windows XP, so I ended up buying a Windows 10 DVD. I have a clean hard drive to install it on, but cannot get it to boot, it just hangs at the Windows 10 splash screen. Its a pretty old system - AMD Quad core CPU from 2009, decent Gigabyte UD-3 motherboard, 4 GB of DDR-2 RAM, 500 GB hard drive, and new Radeon R9 series graphics card. Can't return it so I would really like to get this installed otherwise I'm out 100 bucks.

Anyone got any ideas here?

shubham khopade

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
can anyone tell me how.can I get back to windows 10 to my preinstalled 8.1 on my dell laptop inspiron actually I also rested my laptop from win 10so ...how can I go back

nfhiggs

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, I feel silly now. Someone else mentioned it took a long time before the first setup screen comes up, so I just sat and waited, and sure enough after about 10 minutes, the screen turned dark blue and the first set-up screen appeared. Windows 10 is now installed alongside my XP installation as a dual boot. Had to get a new USB wireless adapter since the old one was not compatible, but that was only 15 bucks. Posting from Windows 10 right now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro