Can I install Win10 Insider Preview on a different PC from the one I'm using now?

MaxReed

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I already posted this but maybe in the wrong section.
Yesterday Gabe Aul has posted that from the next build of win10, insider will have to use theirs MSA (used for insider program) to login into windows to allow them to receive the free RTM.
My problem is that I have the insider preview (already with MSA) on my main PC in dual-boot with win8.1 but I don't want to continue to use it for the insider program. I want only the final and stable release of 10 on it. But I want to still be an insider, so, can I install the next build on another PC? In this way I will continue to be an insider on another PC and not on my main PC.
If not I unfortunately have to leave the insider program. I twitted even Gabe but he doesn't answer me... :crying:
Can someone help me?

MaxReed

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
so the account is not tied to the device? I mean PC. Can I install it on another PC with the same MSA and I will receive the free RTM to the second device?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Your device(s) are "tied" to your account and you can have more devices per account.
And this being "tied" to an account is only for the insider program.
So don't worry you will always be able to get a free upgrade to W10 (off course your PC should have the min spec etc).

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So on your main device you have W10 and w8.1 (dual boot).
But you do not want to use it on your main device so just uninstall it.
Your W8.1, on your main device, will give you the free "update" ticket.

And install the next TP version on your other device and with the "tied to" it will give you the RTM version on July 29.

Or do I still miss something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon