How Stable is the current Windows 10 Mobile build? (On PC and Phone )

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
First for the PC, Windows Update seems to have downloaded the build 10074 that I will initially install now. I heavily rely on my PC, and I use a lot of Visual Studio and Adobe Creative Cloud products. Are all of those compatible with the current version of Adobe CC products?
Also, for gaming - how well are AMD drivers running on Windows 10?

Next comes the phone. I plan to install build 100136 on my Lumia 1320. How well is it doing on this device? This phone is my daily driver, but I will be staying home most of the time for the next couple of weeks and also, I do not use my phone that much - just calls, plain texts, some emailing and some Whatsapp. How does 100136 do these? Are there any critical bugs?
For a friend, the previous builds on a Lumia 1320 caused overheating and shutdowns. Do those issues still persist?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The only tip I can give you is that if you want to install build 10136 on your phone be sure that you have the WPRT up and running on your PC. This to prevent a surprise if you want to roll back and the tool "does not work".

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have both the Lumia Software Recovery Tool and the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. I hope at least one will be working.
And well, as for the stability part, how good is the 100136? Would you, personally, give a green signal for this build?

Also, I listen to a lot of music on my phone - I heard that the new music app is pretty great.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I would say that it could vary from phone to phone, but for me Build 10136 has been quite stable on the Lumia 1020. UI scaling issue from previous builds have been fixed & overall responsiveness is okay throughout the OS. May biggest issue is that I have about a 3 second delay when launching apps. I'm currently not using as a primary device, so I can't speak on phone & texting functionality.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest you WAIT for both PC and Phone until the NEXT Builds! The PC version will be locked down soon so all I expect from the next build is STABILTY improvements. The Phone however has longer to go and probably not a Daily Driver experience you desire for at least one or two more builds!

Sarmad Khalil

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
On pc, quite stable. On phone, not so much. But I think the next two or three builds on phone would be crucial, making the os feature rich and ui/ux refinement overall. In this build they have nearly finalized Cortana. I think more things would be finalized in future builds. Hopefully a new update soon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo