Get Windows 10 App Disappeared

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the Get Windows 10 app sitting on the Task bar for about 2 weeks. My PC then installed some new Windows Updates. After it restarted, the Get Windows 10 app disappeared. This happened to both my laptop running the Windows 7 SP1 & PC running the Windows 8.1.

If you go to Windows Update on my laptop, you can see the Windows 10 update thingy but not on the PC.

Anyone encountered similar issue? What?s the fix if this is something that would invalidate my Windows 10 upgrade? Is this just normal? Will I still be able to update even if the Get Windows 10 App disappeared?

Evilguru

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Same here.. Win 7 SP1.. after some updates and a restart get windows 10 disappeared even from the windows update window..

If anyone knows anything regarding invalidation or a solution, it would be appreciated..

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Since it's happen to everyone then it's normal. Probably MS decided that you can no longer change your mind whether to reserve or not.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If you do a clean install of either Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 and you're connected to the internet during setup, it will ask if you would like to reserve Windows 10.

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If you do a clean install of either Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 and you're connected to the internet during setup, it will ask if you would like to reserve Windows 10.
Unfortunately, the topic isn't about reinstallation/installation. Stick to the topic when replying to a post please. Not trying to be mean or rude here.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, the topic isn't about reinstallation/installation. Stick to the topic when replying to a post please. Not trying to be mean or rude here.

Not trying to be mean or anything but omg the world does not revolve around you. Why not have an open mind, maybe you know take it that Microsoft still want people to reserve Windows 10 or not during initial setup? Maybe it just disappears after you've placed a registration? Is this really a big deal? :eck:

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Since it's happen to everyone then it's normal. Probably MS decided that you can no longer change your mind whether to reserve or not.

Yes, but it shouldn't had any "change your mind" option at first.... They should even make the app more like a click-bait so more people get Windows 10 **MUAHAHA** :grin:

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

The GWX app got updated yesterday or two days ago on my PC. It add Youtube video and little UI revamps.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

amitgaroo

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Don't understand what's happening with windows update ever since I got my windows10 reserved. post an update to my windows 7 sp1, both update & get windows 10 app disappeared. I can see them in my control panel but when I try to activate them, nothing happens. I still see updates but without any progress icon. Looks like something is not right!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitrius