Lumia 1020 and Windows Mobile 10

Kreigz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried out the build released around June 16 ... much move functional than a build I tried in April. However, on my 1020 the performance was nearly always horrific. I realize it's not finished yet, and it will get better, but it is so far from being acceptable, I can't imagine recommending this on older hardware.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm quite pleased with the progress & performance of Build 10147 shown on my Lumia 1020. It seems they've mostly improved on the UI and performance of the main OS. Personally for me, the only issues I've run into is that the new universal apps tend to launch slowly (Store, Cortana, Photos, Music) and a few of the 'Settings' features crash when launched.

You may want to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to restore to 8.1 and then update to the latest Build.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Glance screen behaves like on all other devices, the settings are gone after a hard reset. Language packs cannot be downloaded either. I can't say if the battery is really worse than on 8.1 cause my battery live was poor all the time and now with all that installing and playing around it no surprise to me that the battery is empty very fast. What I can say is that if you disable data connection the battery holds way longer but that also happens on 8.1.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 didn't wake up today because the battery drained over night (it was at almost 100% at the time i went to sleep). very bad but something you have to live with if you use W10 on your primary device.
otherwise my phone gets sometimes hot and drains the battery fast but most of the time the battery life is similar to W8.1