Anyone else want a new Windows 10 mobile lockscreen?

Alistair Ariss

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
The lock screen looks so primitive and outdated (sliding up). I think it should be redesigned to be more... 'swooshy', like the new 10149 opening app from the start screen animation. And the PC also? I cannot suggest this right now because I don't run Windows 10 on my Lumia. Anyone else?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'm running Build 10149 and although a complete redesign isn't necessary there are features I'd like to see (all of these would be optional and placed in Settings for the Lock Screen):
Full music controls-Previous, Play/Pause, Skip, Shuffle, live progress bar (that one is a maybe), artist, and of course song name.
Weather (automatically updates every half an hour and the frequency can be changed in settings...powered by Microsoft's Weather app).
A quick launch button or two. For example, a quick launch for the camera for those people who don't have a physical camera button or lock away the Action Center on the Lock Screen, or a way to launch your favorite app quickly.
The ability to switch the detailed status quickly. You have the default (let's say Messaging) that shows up every time you turn the phone on but then if you click the icons at the bottom of the screen it opens the detailed status for that icon (like Calendar). Then the next time you turn your phone on it shows Messaging again.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
The sliding up to unlock is fine with me and perfectly quick. However there should be a divide of some sort between numbers on the keypad. It looks odd and disconnected as it is now. Also, I think it'd be great to be able to choose a transparent effect like for the Live Tiles with its own transparency slider, that matches your accent color.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skuwal