Microsoft Edge performance

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am really liking Edge, is nice and lightweight, launches quickly and has a nice minimilastic look however I am finding some sites seem to be really sluggish. Windows Central, XDA Forums and the notebook review forum are just a few that don't seem to work really well.

Some sites I find there are buttons that I click on that won't do anything, I just tried posting a question on the google forum and had to resort to using Chrome, sometimes I find I have to click elements several times beofre it will register a click.​ I have the same issue on my desktop and laptop.

Also when I press the X to close the browser and get the message asking if I want to close all tabs and select yes it doesn't close any of them. Is anyone ​else having these issues it is a bit worrying with RTM right round the corner.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, same here. I like edge better than IE after this latest update. Sites mentioned by you open quicker and respond better than in IE. I used to have to use firefox to open wpcentral now for the first time it is via edge. It is a bit slower but once the page or should I say the script loaded page is full loaded it seems fine. the only thing that is not working atm is the headlines ribbon on top. It doesn't scroll with touch and the arrow is too slow to respond. Have you posted this as a problem via the windows feedback app?

Cheers

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Performance in 10162 (didn't have 58 or 59 long enough to notice) is a lot better. I do still have some odditiies like you mention with clicking on things just not responding at all.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Performance is ok, I also get the oddities like not being able to close the tabs but more disappointing is that it is not that much better than IE for touch.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just had abandon trying to type this reply in Edge as the browser decided to refresh the page and the wouldn't acknowledge a click in the text box.

I notice that there is no spell checker setting and that play.google.com has appeared as an alternative search engine not sure what that is.

Good call on the feedback app I will post something in there.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Overall Edge has been very nice. It is quite a bit faster than IE or Chrome on the same computer (Surface Pro 2).

However, it does sometimes have issues rendering a page properly. (Including text boxes in forums sometimes) It also sometimes just exits with no warning/error. Since its still not a 'released' browser I hold out hope they will fix those issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb