Store crashing upon opening build (10240)

woutmartens

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Build is running quite good but store cannot be opened...
Any way to solve this without clean install?

Opening store from app menu or via weblink results in the same crash (no errorcode)

Tx

bobcom

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Was working fine until this morning. Now closes shortly after launch (at the blue splash screen). It seems Store had problems updating itself and cannot recover from the error. Re-registering the Store app does not solve the issue. Build 10240 is full of annoying bugs of this sort.

P.S. Had same Store issue in Build 10166 and was only solved by reinstalling the build on top of the version that had the problem. Quite painful "solution". Thanks Microsoft!

woutmartens

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks bobcom for the confirmation.
I'm about to do a factory reset but not really feeling like reinstalling all my apps + configs just because of this.

SargeT

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Freshly installed 10240 from ISO (upgrading from 10166 stuck at a certain percent several times) and have the Store working, but "My library" is empty instead of listing my 1K+ apps bought ever on both W and WP. Am I alone?

Ronho7

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
My Store crashed right after I had added a Local Account and logged in. However, it still works on the Local Account but not my Administrative Account. I tried to uninstall and delete the Local Account with hope that it would be back to normal but it didn't work out. Then I started a Reset. Now things are still fine to me, but I don't dare to add any Local Account on my laptop.

Expecting for an explanation and a solution.

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Found a solution for this. Was not able to open store on build 10240. Go to C:>users>user_name>AppData>Local>Packages>Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe>Local cache. Delete all the files and folders in there, problem solved.

Nick Schaper

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Same resolve here:

Go to C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Delete all the files and folders. Open store and it will open again.

Worked for me instead of a fresh install :cool:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for my noobness, by does this involve going back to 8.1 and then reinstalling all over again, or can I just reinstall 10 from Windows 10?

You can reinstall 10 from 10. Your license has already been stored on Microsoft server so no need to upgrade again. Just skip all prompt for CD key during set up.

C0mdrData

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Found a solution for this. Was not able to open store on build 10240. Go to C:>users>user_name>AppData>Local>Packages>Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe>Local cache. Delete all the files and folders in there, problem solved.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have searched for 20 or 30 hours, tried all kinds of corrections. Nothing worked.

This did it.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

scootaloose

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

My god, i don't usually make forum accounts often but i just had to make one for this exception, thank you so much! I was about to create a new account after spending almost an hour with MS Support over remote assistance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynoGills