Apps concept

Guils

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...uggestions/9489249-consistent-design-for-apps

Note that this concept is a personal project, but does not mean that is based solely on opinion. Even if the W10 applications are being redesigned to improve usability and all that, they still get lost in a big point: an inconsistent design. Their own standards application do not keep a pattern even when it comes to menus. Some have the 'back button' on the top bar, while others have it in the new action bar; some have 'search' into the hamburger menu, while others have outside. Not to mention colors, hovers, and the way each one acts with the three-dots button. So I hope that, later on, they are able to standardize everything into something more consistent. And that's what I kind of hope:

P.S.: do not judge me about Groove color, I've run out of ideas to choose one.

tumblr_nrmij9CMvo1ql1n25o4_1280.png

tumblr_nrmij9CMvo1ql1n25o3_1280.png

tumblr_nrmij9CMvo1ql1n25o2_1280.png

tumblr_nrmij9CMvo1ql1n25o1_1280.png

Further, now about hovers and cascading menus. As well as in mobile, the title of the icons need to be accessible to users, but that increase in height with the three-dots button looks more broken than anything. Combining this with the fact that it is a waste to add an extremely empty title bar (only with close, minimize, increase and return), I believe that, at least for 'mouse mode', it would be better to let the titles appear in the title bar, and let the three-dots button being used just for additional options.

tumblr_nrmij9CMvo1ql1n25o5_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nrmij9CMvo1ql1n25o6_r1_1280.png

I think I just wanted to share my expectations. Any opinion, critic, suggestion, feel free. ;)

Last edited:

Guils

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Consistent apps concept

Yeah, I forgot to mention a second P.S. about the titlebar color. I also want it to change with the app, but it would be a bit messy: look at weather, it already has 3 different shades of blue, and adding a 4th is too much. But maybe the titlebar could be the same color of the selected section, idk.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Title bars should match the app, not your theme color. I think over time, the title bars of all apps will match the apps theme, and the current white title bars will go away.

Guils

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

As I said above, adding a colored title bar doesn't erase the problem of 4 different shades of the app color. If they want it to be less agressive, they should make the selected section color be the same as the second bar (and this would be, actually, more coerent, knowing that the bar with options would be the same color of the section selected, connecting two things that are, in fact, related).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium