Upgrading win 10 rtm question

patricklandi

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
i want to upgrade my windows 8.1 home edition by using the ISO win 10 rtm 10240.
The ISO will install win10 home edition or pro edition?
My serials will be activate after the upgrade?
Thanks

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're upgrading from a Home edition, you'll get the Home edition of Win10. And as long as you're upgrading from a genuine activated version of 8.1, your key should activate fine. ((edit: see below!))

At this point though, (and come to think of it) if you haven't been signed up with the Windows Insider program thus far, you may want to wait a little longer until the official release. (The Insider Program is currently suspended... I don't know what kind of issues one may encounter installing/activating this 10240 "rtm" build right now that aren't already signed up with the Insider Program.) That way you won't run into any issues, and it'll save you having to reinstall again after the 29th.

Just wait... only 10 more days!

patricklandi

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I have just tried to upgrade from 8.1 to 10. After the installation my serial was just active.
My problem now is to find a home edition to install this into another pc. How i can find the home edition of w10? :smile:

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Look around on the web and you'll be able to find a copy of the home edition (it's often called 'Core' as well) :smile:

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I have just tried to upgrade from 8.1 to 10. After the installation my serial was just active.
My problem now is to find a home edition to install this into another pc. How i can find the home edition of w10?
Where did you get your iso file ?

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit