Any one else considering moving from OS X to Win 10?

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so I used windows all the way up to around 2010 when I decided I wanted a change and glad I did when I saw windows 8.

I bought myself a MacBook Pro and have been using it ever since.

I have been keeping a close eye on windows 10 and now it's only round the corner I'm starting to consider ditching my MacBook Pro and getting a new laptop with windows 10.

Is any one else in the same boat?

Samuel Barr

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am considering it. I am using Windows 10 through bootcamp on my MacBook Pro and iMac. Its not that I have any problem with OSX as it has run pretty well for me, I just like to change things around now and again. At this point I am on the fence which way I will go.

-Sam

Waughy

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I've done it. Bought a Mac mini about 3 years ago after my windows 7 laptop went south. It's been good, nothing magical or extra special IMO, but with the Xbox One I decided to look at windows again, mainly for the game streaming capability, which works great. Picked up a Surface 3, updated to W10 and that's all I've been using lately. The Mac still gets a bit of use, but I am considering selling it and getting a decent Windows PC again. I know I can use bootcamp or parallels, but I want something with some balls so I can stream the Xbox and play games when the TV is being used by the family. The Surface streams well, but the screen is a bit too small for my liking when used that way.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've done it. Bought a Mac mini about 3 years ago after my windows 7 laptop went south. It's been good, nothing magical or extra special IMO, but with the Xbox One I decided to look at windows again, mainly for the game streaming capability, which works great. Picked up a Surface 3, updated to W10 and that's all I've been using lately. The Mac still gets a bit of use, but I am considering selling it and getting a decent Windows PC again. I know I can use bootcamp or parallels, but I want something with some balls so I can stream the Xbox and play games when the TV is being used by the family. The Surface streams well, but the screen is a bit too small for my liking when used that way.

I have win 10 via boot camp but it doesn't feel how it should.

What surface is it you have a pro or the surface 3 with atom cpu??

Waughy

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have win 10 via boot camp but it doesn't feel how it should.

What surface is it you have a pro or the surface 3 with atom cpu??

Mine is just the Surface 3. Went for a cheaper option to see how it was and how I felt about it and the OS. I like it a lot. Maybe in the next 6-12 months I might look at a Pro 4, or even wait for it's successor and get one of those. No problem with the 3 that I've come across so far, but for game streaming from the Xbox I'd like a bigger screen. I might try a display port to HDMI cable and connect it to my spare 27" monitor. I thought about the HDMI adapter, but going wireless to the Xbox and monitor might be too much and cause lag and jitter with the streaming.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine is just the Surface 3. Went for a cheaper option to see how it was and how I felt about it and the OS. I like it a lot. Maybe in the next 6-12 months I might look at a Pro 4, or even wait for it's successor and get one of those. No problem with the 3 that I've come across so far, but for game streaming from the Xbox I'd like a bigger screen. I might try a display port to HDMI cable and connect it to my spare 27" monitor. I thought about the HDMI adapter, but going wireless to the Xbox and monitor might be too much and cause lag and jitter with the streaming.

Been looking at the surface 3 for the misses as an iPad and laptop replacement. Would you say the surface 3 is good for that she uses her iPad for general stuff and the laptop only comes out for office stuff.

As far as me it's either a replacement for the Mac and iPad with the pro 3 or grab a dell XPS and keep the iPad.

Still not sure what to do

Grab a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter and plug wired

d1stort1on

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I mostly have. Bought a Surface Pro 3 and now use it for almost everything. Just seems more modern, whereas OSX and iOS seem dated and ugly. Just need to find a good WYSIWYG web design app and Invoicing/Billing and I'd be completely on the Surface

Last edited:

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Just need to find a goodWYSIWYG web design app and Invoicing/Billing and I'd be completely on the Surface

There's still copies of Microsoft Frontpage (.exe) floating about if you know where to look. Has web preview / code split screen with drag drop features similar to Word. A little old now but can still work with a few tweaks for HTML5. Also check out ProductHunt search there's been several new web based WYSIWYG editors launched this Summer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos