Password requirement after wake-up in Windows 10

petgeczi

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba Encore tablet, I updated today to Windows 10, even I turn off the password requirement after wake-up, when I leave the tablet for a couple of minutes, turning it back on, it always requires for the password.

What should I do to turn the password requirement off?

Thanks for your answers.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
You need to change the setting in security under "Accounts" then "Sign In option" then set "required sign in when away" to "Never"

You will still need a sign in after reboot but this will sort frustration.

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
@bockersjv

I guess that's exactly what he did, but apparently a password is still required to wake up the device. I can confirm said behavior. It's very annoying.

chrisM40

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Same here on 2 tablets, whatever settings you change it always wants the password. It seems quite widespread, so I'm guessing a bug, hopefully fixed soon..

Ive checked the Microsoft feedback app and it seems they know about it.

StavrosD

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my dell venue 8 pro, so I changed the log in method to PIN. Now I just have have to type four digits which is less of a fuss compared to typing my account's password everytime.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I did this in Control panel, power settings and it seemed to work, but I reverted it back, so I do not know if it would keep the setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria