Win10 Tablet Mode - Lots of Potential

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Surface 3 and so far I really like Windows 10. I like the tablet mode and preferred using my Surface as tablet vs the desktop. I really hope MS continues to tweak/improve tablet mode in Win10. A few features I would like to see brought back are - horizontal scrolling, swipe gestures while in Edge, closing apps by swiping downward and snap view (although this feature may still be there but I haven't figured out how to do it).

Just my 2 cents....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd like a quicker and easier way to get to the desktop from tablet mode without actually having to take it out of tablet mode.

It was easy with the Desktop app. So if I wanted to do something real quick it was a single prss to get there.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Snap Assist is still a feature, and If I'm not mistaking so is swipe down to close. Horizontal scrolling is probably gone for good.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Snap Assist is still a feature, and If I'm not mistaking so is swipe down to close. Horizontal scrolling is probably gone for good.

I hope they reconsider the horizontal scrolling feature or at least make it an option. No offense, but vertical scrolling is too iPadish.

I hope your right about Snap. Haven't figured it out yet but my but my Win 10 is really buggy. Can't get the mail app to open as well as other problems. Oh well.

PavanReddy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I hope they reconsider the horizontal scrolling feature or at least make it an option. No offense, but vertical scrolling is too iPadish.

I hope your right about Snap. Haven't figured it out yet but my but my Win 10 is really buggy. Can't get the mail app to open as well as other problems. Oh well.

They should make the horizontal/vertical scrolling as a user option. iPad scrolling is horizontal, but I like that swiping isn't infinite. It stops at the next screen so you don't scroll too much.

I prefer the fixed and vertical scrolling as it is now in Win10. FIXED is the keyword.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Was not aware Apple reinvented vertical scrolling... Lol.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Totally caught off guard on the vertical scrolling. I liked the Horizontal scrolling!!!

Or how about this, horizontal scroll for landscape, vertical scroll for portrait :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo