W10 & HP Pavilion G6 sleep problem

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
When it goes to sleep or hibernate mode, it takes more than a minute to wake up and show the lock screen. Probably a driver issue... But anyone have any idea how to solve this? Thanks!

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same issue and at times the screen remains black when coming out of sleep.

I have one more issue, my lappie is making a lot of noise and heating a lot due to over usage of CPU. Are you facing the same issue?

Ajay Rai1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
My laptop is hp 045tx and iam facing somewhat similar problem like you. My laptop doesnt wakes after it goes to sleep an resatrting takes about 2-3 minutes. Any fix for the problem?

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I think I have a solution that worked for me.
Steps-
1) Remove all devices connected to your lappie
2)Press the power button to turn off your lappie
3)remove battery and charger if connected
4)Press power button for 20 sec to remove all electrostatic charges
5) Putt battery, Connect Charger and turn on normally

If this solution worked for you, let me know.

Tony Clegg

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
That comment above sounds like a desperate IT helpdesk remedy.

I have issues with my HP G3 coming out of sleep. The start menu is basically mixed up characters and makes no sense. Sometimes it resolves itself, most of the time it doesn't and has to be rebooted. Not a major issue. However, when I've got some time, I'll go for a fresh install following the upgrade.

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
That comment above sounds like a desperate IT helpdesk remedy.

I have issues with my HP G3 coming out of sleep. The start menu is basically mixed up characters and makes no sense. Sometimes it resolves itself, most of the time it doesn't and has to be rebooted. Not a major issue. However, when I've got some time, I'll go for a fresh install following the upgrade.

Whatever be the case, this solution worked for me and I though to share so that others may be benefitted....

DatWindowsTho

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
You were right! Thank you very much, I used to do that when my WiFi died on W8.1 because the F12 button had a dumb software, I think it resets the motherboard? What ever it does it worked, and my HP shut downs and recovers from sleep correctly.

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
You were right! Thank you very much, I used to do that when my WiFi died on W8.1 because the F12 button had a dumb software, I think it resets the motherboard? What ever it does it worked, and my HP shut downs and recovers from sleep correctly.
Welcome :smile: It helped you and will help many who comes here searching for the solution....

INT Endeavors

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I tried it, but alas, no relief. My laptop is unable to wake from sleep or hibernate. I have had to disable both and leave the laptop plugged in or do a complete shutdown, which is not always optimal in the work setting. The W10 upgrade needed to come with its own troubleshooter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrothers1