Windows 10 installation stuck, what should I do/

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 installation stuck

My Windows 8.1 PC automatically downloaded Windows 10. I monitored the progress in Windows Update. Then after it had completed the download, it then gave the message in the line "Preparing for installation...".It's stuck at 30%, and I've waited for hours after hours, but nothing progressed. It is also using full network bandwidth, but nothing is happening. What should i do?? Please help me. Please!!

Ilan Kusiatin

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 installation stuck

It's my second attempt to install/upgrade from WIN 8.1.
The installation gets stuck at the "32%" point for the second time. So far, it has been "parked" there for the past 90 minutes.

BillyRay_76

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 installation stuck

My has been stuck at 32% overall and below that number it shows 6% on the installation progress of files & drivers. I let it run overnight, same issue. I gave up and pulled the plug on my PC and it installed Windows 8 back on my computer. Once I get into Windows 8, I see the Windows Update failed message that included the error code C1900101-30018 error with a description of 'Windows Update ran into a problem'. Maybe it was not meant to be for Windows 10 to be on my computer.:crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos