Photos app not finding photos on SD card

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 last night and so far quite impressed. However it looks like an issue has carried over from Windows 8.1 to 10.

I'm finding that the Photos app cannot see the photos stored on my SD card. I have directed the library to point to the SD card and it is the only location defined in the Library for Photos. This was a problem in 8.1 but as I never used the app I stopped worrying about trying to sort it. However I can see myself using the app in 10, so would like to figure out what is happening.

It's not a case of the app not showing duplicates because I temporarily disabled the option for it to show OneDrive photos and now nothing shows. Has anyone else had this issue?

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
My Photos App will not show any pictures. All I get is a black screen with that mountain logo in the center. I am a Windows Insider and have had Windows 10 for a while now. It used to work, but after the last update it stopped working.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you not even getting OneDrive pictures then?

I forgot to add that the settings are setup so it is looking for photos on the SD card, just isn't displaying them. Your report that it was working and now isn't gives me hope an update will resolve, but I'm concerned that this issue started in Windows 8.1 and has carried over.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I get zilch. Just a black screen with a logo in the center. I keep looking for some sort of setup option, but there does not appear to be one.

Random15

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having a similar issue...
My SD card is not showing up with ANY photos in windows 10 AFTER the upgrade.
I have a surface pro with an older build of windows 10 from the technical preview and the photos show up there fine.
So it seems to be only on this final release which seems odd.

I have rebooted and made sure my windows 10 is up to date.
Reseated all cables and SD cards to different ports with no luck.

Windows 10 is showing data on the card but when i open it up in file explorer it says NOTHING. /sadface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon