Windows 10 Mail App Missing Features

Travis Morss

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Outlook for IOS for a few months now. It is by far the best Mobile/Desktop Email Client I have ever used. The Mail app in Windows 10 look very similar but is really lacking the features. Does anyone know if they intend to bring the apps closer together in functionality? It would be a productivity powerhouse with the addition of the mobile features.

Cloudscout#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the iOS version has, but as for missing features, the list is extensive:

1) It doesn't provide the option to turn off Conversation View
2) You can't view the headers in an email message
3) You can only view messages in the Preview Pane, you can't open a message into a full-window/full-screen view
4) You can't hold down SHIFT to select a range of messages, you must use CTRL to select each message individually
5) There is no "Select All" option
6) You can't create IMAP folders
7) There are no message-management rules
8) There's no spam filter
9) You can't see more than one account at a time

I could go on but I've already hashed this out elsewhere.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
And, just to say my two cents:

It never has synced properly with many hours between updates. And this is going back to the original RT app as well: had the same issue on my Surface 2 and Windows 8.1. And the live tile refuses to update 95% of the time. Another old issue. Of course, that all mean that the new notification centre is useless for email.

It may be a new app, but they've carried over some old code, it looks like.

A LOT of work needed....

Travis Morss

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
As the app is essentially the same (apart from the name :? ) on Windows phones what are these features?

On Outlook IOS you have some pretty nice features the biggest for me to is to snooze or schedule emails. When you get an email and need to work on it later you just swipe and select when you would like it to return to your inbox. It is my must have feature now.

The second is a killer document menu. You can have your One Drive, Dropbox and Google Drive all in one section. You can choose to save to whichever you would like as well as use whichever to manage attachments.

The last is the contact menu. When you search a person it brings up all mail, shared documents from all 3 services and any Calendar Events you are invited with them to.

This app has become an essential part of my work flow. I don't understand why they don't have this on the windows 10 mail app. I would happily pay $20 for a version as an app that has this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss