Why does the NVIDIA driver fail to update in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

NVIDIA driver fails to update in Windows 10

NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 fails to update in Windows 10 - Error 0x80070002 - After upgrading, I lost my 2nd monitor. Any advice?

Jollo Estopin

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: NVIDIA driver fails to update in Windows 10

Same here.

NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 - Error 0x80070002

Windows 10 should support legacy drivers and install them automatically during upgrade.

D_Dickson1

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: NVIDIA driver fails to update in Windows 10

I also received a similar message
NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - Error 0x80070002 and could neither manually download and install from the NVidia website, nor via Windows update.
My monitor display was restricted to Microsoft generic and the screen size was restricted and graphic icons distorted.
I eventually solved the problem by searching for Device Manager. I identified the problem Display device (same yellow triangle indicator as previous Windows versions) and selected update driver and 'search my PC' (Not search the internet). I then navigated to the NVIDIA folder on my System Drive (C:) located the drivers folder - Windows the automatically found the existing pre-upgrade driver. I confirmed the update request and the existing 'old' driver installed. The screen flashed and refreshed a couple of times, then the display appeared as it was before the W10 upgrade.

This solution worked for me insomuch as my screen was restored. Interestingly Windows Update still reports that the driver fails to install!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6