How are you personalizing Windows 10?

txaggie2016

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I feel like I've gotten the hang of Windows 10 since installing it on my Surface Pro 2 yesterday afternoon. Call it a less than popular opinion but I actually enjoyed Windows 8 and the way things were set up; for that reason, it took me a little work to get used to the new (old / "familiar") layout of some Windows 10 features.

Anyway, I was just curious to see how people are personalizing their machines with Windows 10. Below are a few of the things I've done since hitting the ground running!

• Enlarged the Start menu (resize tool, just dragged it out; screenshot of my Start menu below)
  • Auto hide the taskbar (these first two bullets are things I did to emulate Windows 8's layout)
  • Start screen tile "groups": Life at a glance, News, Work and Education, Social Media, Blogs, Entertainment, Tools and Utilities, Office 2013
  • Backgrounds / colors sync with my Windows Phone (Lumia Icon) and my other laptop (Dell Inspiron 15R)

Anyway, that's just a little information. I was just curious like I said above and wanted to see if anyone else was doing anything crazy different that might be a good thing for me to implement!

Screenshot (78).pngScreenshot (79).png

Last edited:

Romulo_Ferreira

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the taskbar with auto-hide in the left, like I always did since Windows 7.
The accent color changes with the background images, which are configured as a slideshow.
Edge theme is dark, although I've been using Firefox (no Adblock, no way...waiting for it!).
Win10.png
I see your point here, but my opinion is that are not so many different ways to configure it, which is actually not a problem, because it's great the way it is! Easy to use and customizeable enough to do things quick and the way I like. For me, it works! :)

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Lets see - I am running one laptop "as is" - that is I am not making any changes at all to stock options and then on my desktop (self-build) with dual monitors:

* Disable Cortana
* Unistall apps I'll never use such as Xbox, TV and Film, Groove Music etc - so like belowUntitled.jpg
* Install start8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963