mail app doesn't run in the background

yaynative

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The mail app doesn't seem to run in the background. If I turn on my computer and I have mail, it does not alert me. It also doesn't alert me if I;m working on my computer and receive an email.

yaynative

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
yes, I forgot to mention that. I think I am going to try reinstalling it again. I have already tried wsreset.exe

Do you know where we can refresh licenses like we used to in 8.1?

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Same here.

1. Lenovo notebook, upgrade from W8.1 to W10 via Windows Update -> notification works like a charm, live tile is working.

2. Asus notebook, uprade via WU and then clean install -> no notifications, no live tile.

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

yaynative

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

yaynative

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
someone from MS was on reddit and said the fix for the mail app would come as an app update and not a system update. She claimed they were testing the fix already.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine hasn't run in the background at all... Facebook app does with no problems, waiting for the fix myself. The mail app is not even listed in background apps.

mrg6290

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Mail does not show up in background apps. Neither does Weather.

This is very frustrating.

Edit: So despite not appearing in Background Apps, my Weather tile is now updating... Not sure what to make of this. **Did an OS Reset which might have made a difference.

Last edited:

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Mail does not show up in background apps. Neither does Weather.

This is very frustrating.

Edit: So despite not appearing in Background Apps, my Weather tile is now updating... Not sure what to make of this. **Did an OS Reset which might have made a difference.

Same here... I never noticed the weather app not updating the live tile, but still not showing in background apps. . Not sure what's going on with it.

mahesh nakka

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I dont have any problems with mail and other app live tiles everything is working fine with my system...i updated using USB though then again made a clean install.

yaynative

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I dont have any problems with mail and other app live tiles everything is working fine with my system...i updated using USB though then again made a clean install.

Is your mail app working normally? When you delete in mail app does it also delete on phone instantly? Does mail and weather show up in background settings?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney