Question to users who upgraded to Windows 10 (software support after installation).

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Good evening.

I've a question for the users who upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and maintained the installed software:

1) Was the transition smooth? Were there any failures during the upgrade process?

2) Regarding software compatibility, is the software that was installed before the upgrade process running correctly? Or is there any software that is crashing because the lack of compatibility, wrong path, etc? If you've experienced crashes, please tell which software did crash.

3) Drivers: Was there any broken driver support after the upgrade?

4) Gaming: For those who upgraded and had Steam and games installed BEFORE the upgrade process, after the upgrade, can these games be played correctly, or were/are there any problems launching/playing them (blue screens, crashes and so on)? If so, which games are not workign correctly after the upgrade?

5) Gaming again: Was there any performance loss or gain after the upgrade? Have demanding games like GTA V suffered any performance hit, like FPS losses, stuttering and so on? Is the SLI working correctly, or has the SLI support been broken for some games? If so, which ones?

Regards.

brianqazz

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I loved the layout and it was smooth but steam client was not working so I spent over 10 hours trying different things and nope, so I called Microsoft and they could not help said if it did not work then it was not compatible steam does not have any version yet and has not got back to me about fixing it. I tried every thing and no luck, I like windows 10 but no steam is insane so I reverted to windows 7 and it worked again sad day :(

triageatdawn

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I loved the layout and it was smooth but steam client was not working so I spent over 10 hours trying different things and nope, so I called Microsoft and they could not help said if it did not work then it was not compatible steam does not have any version yet and has not got back to me about fixing it. I tried every thing and no luck, I like windows 10 but no steam is insane so I reverted to windows 7 and it worked again sad day :(

I got Steam too (package version 1437790054) and it works flawlessly. Try reinstalling Steam after the upgrade and check for new updates afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720