3rd party Security / Anti-Virus program (AVAST) vs Windows Defender - Windows 10

googler003

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering what you guys think is better?
Stick with the built in Windows Defender anti virus / malware program or use a 3rd party such as AVAST for Windows 10???

Thanks

googler003

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
re:

True. I came from Win 7 and always used Avast there so Windows Defender is new to me. Thanks for your input.

Does anyone else feel Windows Defender does a good enough job that no 3rd party program is needed?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

googler003

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
3rd party Anti Virus /malware program (AVAST) vs Windows Defender for Windows 10

(Triplicate thread merged)

Last edited by a moderator:

googler003

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
3rd party Anti Virus/ Malware program (AVAST) vs Windows Defender for Windows 10

(Duplicate Thread Merged)

Last edited by a moderator:

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

I have never user any antivirus after i upgraded to Windows 10. Defender is ok and no other software is required. Just keep updating your defender. Believe me, you don't need anything other than Defender.

MonsterVlad

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
re:

Never used any 3rd party antivirus since Windows 8... After more then 1 year of Windows 8/8.1 usage I tried to scan my PC with different security programs (Kaspersky, Avast, NOD32), nothing been found. So i kinda believe that Windows Defender is actually a good thing.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

It's hard to answer these kinds of threads because the level of protection is tied to your level of risk.

If you like off-roading, you'll need some springs and big tyres. If you stick to the main roads, you don't need much protection.

googler003

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
re:

Of course ^^ in my case no off roading. One more question.
How do you scan an individual file or folder with Windows Defender? I am used to right clicking a file or folder and pressing "Scan with (AVAST)" for example....I cant see any options to scan with Defender and I ONLY have defender installed. Any help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap