Upgraded to W10 and Outlook SMTP emails failing to send. How can I fix it?

W

WPCentral Question

Upgraded to W10 and Outllook SMTP emails failing to send.

Hi
Upgraded to W10 on Surface Pro3 and it seems Outlook 2013 SMTP emails failing to send. emails send OK on other devices and all OK via Outlook web.

When testing the setting in Outlook test email send OK but when going back into the email account email fails to send with following error:

Task 'email address' - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13) : 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.' Used different network connections with no success.

KR

Baz

Jaxxxxx

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to W10 and Outllook SMTP emails failing to send.

We have the exact same problem using Outlook (you would think Microsoft would have got this working on their own software before release!)

Seems some emails will send, such as test emails and some replies to ebay. New emails and random replies to other people won't send, just sit in the outbox and give error messages such as :
- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13) : 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.'

This is not a network issue, that is working fine, we are receiving emails at the same time as the attempted send. It's not a server issue, spent 3 hours in web chat with my server host, everything checked out.

We can still use the same web address and server on my tablet which is still on windows 8, it works fine there.

This is definitely a windows 10 issue. Sorry I can't help but the more people reporting this the better.

Jaxxxxx

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Upgraded to W10 and Outllook SMTP emails failing to send.

ok so i contacted Microsoft support and did a 'rescue me' with them

they ran:
open command prompt as administrator (c:\WINDOWS\system32>)

sfc /scannow

it took about an hour but it was fixed afterwards - not sure how but who needs details!

Hope that helps!

kenleehk

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
In the email account settings, I have changed the SMTP server settings in outlook and set the port to be "Auto", and then tried saving the account settings. Then the outlook prompts "accept certificate" (something like that) and I answered "Yes" to confirm, and after that the outgoing SMTP works.

Hope that this can help someone who encounters similar problem.

Glenn Slender

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I fixed this problem by changing my mail client to use SMTP TCP port 587 with TLS instead of TCP 25. Worked like a dream. sfc /scannow didn't work for me.

John Bryan2

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Still having the problem. My bulk email program for non-profits (Sumac) worked great in Windows 8.1 (still does) but on my system with Windows 10 it immediately says it's unable to get to the SMTP server. All the parameters in the software program are the same on both systems. I have tried running the sfc /scannow but it didn't help. Any suggestions? I am going to try reinstalling the email program but I don't think it will work as my old email program, GroupMail, doesn't work either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos