How can I get my Windows 10 Calendar snooze feature working?

Jim_MAY

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Windows 10 Calendar Snooze Feature not Working

When you get a appointment reminder in Windows 10 Calendar in the notifications area, I'll click the snooze for 5 or 15 minutes. But then the reminder never shows itself again.

Have duplicated event with several different accounts, not including my own. This is a serious issue for me since I'm using my computer for business. Anyone else having this same problem?

Thanks!​

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Calendar Snooze Feature not Working

I'm having the same problem on my 950xl.
Some reminders don't even come up the first time but after snoozing they never come up!

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've only been using W10M a few days now on my daily driver L830 and so far this is one of the only major issues I've noticed or cared to complain about. I'm getting all my Calendar reminders but whenever I hit snooze for 5 minutes, one hour, whatever, they never come back. Looks like a lot of users have complained about this issue on Windows Feedback. I've upvoted there. Hope it's resolved SOON! :asleep:

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

I just returned my 950xl 😐
Before I did that, I tried snoozing on a reminder on both a 950 as another 950xl but they both had the same issue.
I hope MS solves this in the next weeks and maybe I will consider buying it again.
If anyone that has this problem sees it resolved, please mention it in this thread.

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Just checked if snoozing reminders in Windows 10 (on desktop) works, but it doesn't work there either!

Am I really the only one encountering this??

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

Just checked if snoozing reminders in Windows 10 (on desktop) works, but it doesn't work there either!

Am I really the only one encountering this??

You are not the only one. There are other threads here and on microsoft support about this.

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

They are hard to find and MS is doing nothing about it!

On Microsoft community there is one thread for this issue on desktop and it was started on July 30th (one day after the official release of Windows 10); MS has responded once or twice in this thread with the advice to do a soft reset but after the claim that even a hard reset (on the Windows Phone) and a clean install (on the desktop) the issues persists, MS has not responded anymore.....

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Wow I wonder what the deal is.
I've been using the alarms and reminders since Win 10 came out for preview and they always seemed to work.

In fact. I no longer use an alarm clock. I set my phone for a Monday thru Friday 5AM alarm and snooze it a few times depending on how early I have to leave that day and it works.

I also use the location based reminders such as "When I get home, remind me to..." and the snooze for "next time" seems to keep working etc.

It must be a combination for some of you making that thing not work. Maybe your account with Cortana.

I set the reminder in one device and they are working on the phone AND the PC for the date based reminders.

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow, the deal is that for me (us) it doesn't work!

I live in the Netherlands where Cortana doesn't even work so that can't be it.

Any other tips?
If you know how to fix this, I'll be very happy.

Julian Topholm

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I live in Denmark where Cortana also doesnt' work... Despite all of us speaking English, a decision noone really understands. I can't even enable Cortana by choosing English language on the phone, I have to set the region to somewhere else too. Quite foolish.

Could the Snooze issue be related to Cortana being disabled?

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow I wonder what the deal is.
I've been using the alarms and reminders since Win 10 came out for preview and they always seemed to work.

In fact. I no longer use an alarm clock. I set my phone for a Monday thru Friday 5AM alarm and snooze it a few times depending on how early I have to leave that day and it works.

I also use the location based reminders such as "When I get home, remind me to..." and the snooze for "next time" seems to keep working etc.

It must be a combination for some of you making that thing not work. Maybe your account with Cortana.

I set the reminder in one device and they are working on the phone AND the PC for the date based reminders.

Snoozing Alarm Clock and Cortana reminders works for me, it's the reminders generated from the windows 10 PC and mobile calendar events that don't come back after snoozing.

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I live in Denmark where Cortana also doesnt' work... Despite all of us speaking English, a decision noone really understands. I can't even enable Cortana by choosing English language on the phone, I have to set the region to somewhere else too. Quite foolish.

Could the Snooze issue be related to Cortana being disabled?

I don't think so. Cortana is enabled and working fine on all my W10 devices. In fact snoozing reminders generated by Cortana works as expected. It's just the ones from the calendar events that don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabriciorg