10 Reasons Why I Love Windows 10

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
1. 10% more stylus input into the OS (Wish it was more, but Joe did spill the beans that we would most likely be seeing more stylus input features added to windows 10 in the near future. I am waiting for redstone)
2. Interactive live tiles (not here yet, but announced at build 2015 this year it is still coming. Waiting for redstone)
3.Toggles pane in the action center (feels like charmsbar 2.0 for me coming from windows 8.1 Pro)
4. Multiple apps snappable in both landscape AND PORTRAIT orientation (yes finally; Does still need some refinements though)
5. Drag and drops of files between desktop and windows app is possible (not much, but getting there; needs some more refining on the touch UI department and that more apps implement this. Would be a great and natural interaction between apps when using as a tablet)
6. I like it that they still support hotcorner/swipe gesture to open hidden title and app bars in ported apps with swipe down from top edge. At least this way windows 10 is still usable with the core apps from the "first" windows store.
7. multiple desktops. Still figuring out why I would want to use is on my surface pro. But for multitasking I see its practical virtues. Adds a newer layer of flexibility of mulitasking (does needs some more refinement though)
8. Pinable individual settings pages as a live tile. Gorgeously pratically and flexible!
9. windows search has an option for a tailored and expansive search. I like that duality of search results. (but yes, could also still use some more tweaking and refining)
10. tablet mode! It makes the transition from windows 8 a tidbit less of jarring experience. (but also this experience could use a lot of tweaking and refining).

Stun3i

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
1. Faster and more stable than w8.1 (after the latest update).
2. Notification (get smarter with the recent update.
3. Action center.
4. Snap windows.
5. Multiple desktop.
6. Start menu.
7. Nice UI.
8. Metro apps in windowed mode.
9. Close button really terminate the apps (in w8.1 the app still running in background and takes lots of RAM).
10. Auto drivers with clean install (though you may want to manually install some drivers).

xrko

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't be happier with this Win10 and Edge. Goodbye Chrome and Firefox. I can't wait to turn on the desktop. I agree with all the previous good points listed above. Congratulations Microsoft, what a surprise. I am afraid the large update that is coming will mess things up!

Ali Tayari

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
+ Sleek and chromeless design
+ Finally can use small icons for task bar
+ Multiple-desktop to avoid clutter
+ Metro Apps are windowed
+ Action Center

+ Finally Universal and Synonymous across devices
+ Start Menu (Back to the roots!)
+ Cortana Initiatives which is going very well
+ More accessible and welcoming to everyone
+ Easy for both Win7 and 8.x users to switch (specially 7, from what my dad experienced)

Just Me

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchase a beautiful Samsung laptop which came with Windows 8. I dislike almost everything there is too dislike about Windows 8. I would like to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt that Windows 10 is an improvement but I am extremely sceptical. Here is my list of reason I am reluctant to upgrade.

1. No support for Windows Media Player. I purchased all of my music and I want the option to sort and play and see the song counts and last played history. Not sure that exist with Groove or Zune or what ever the hipsters are calling it now.
2. No way will I pay any more money for Office. I have spent north of $1000 for office over the years. Microsoft I wont pay anymore.
3. Too much online integrated services, sometimes I want a stand alone device that deos not have to connect to the interwebs

nekkedrunner

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Windows 10 is worse.

I purchase a beautiful Samsung laptop which came with Windows 8. I dislike almost everything there is too dislike about Windows 8. I would like to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt that Windows 10 is an improvement but I am extremely sceptical. Here is my list of reason I am reluctant to upgrade.

1. No support for Windows Media Player. I purchased all of my music and I want the option to sort and play and see the song counts and last played history. Not sure that exist with Groove or Zune or what ever the hipsters are calling it now.
2. No way will I pay any more money for Office. I have spent north of $1000 for office over the years. Microsoft I wont pay anymore.
3. Too much online integrated services, sometimes I want a stand alone device that deos not have to connect to the interwebs

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

1. WMP is still here and I still use it occasionally.

2. Then don't, Office and Windows are still separate products. I had a friend using Office 2003 on their Windows 7 computer.
Windows 10 doesn't care 365 or not.

3. You can have a local account still if you'd like, but you probably want to axe some apps and other things.

nekkedrunner

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I am predominately a touch user on a ideapad P500 touch.

1. The UI is seemless now. No more being thrown in and out of desktop or metro depending on what kind of program you open.
2. Love the action center over the charms. No more accidental activation.
3. I like the vertical scrolling of the apps and tiles, like windows phone.
4. The Edge browser is very fast.
5. I love the settings app!
6. My accent color is displayed much more.
7. The transitions are simpler and much more eligant.
8. The multitasking from the left side is better. I can cancel out apps faster.
9. Having the start button always on and in a consistant place is helpful.
10. It's a free upgrade!

FREE? lol. Trust me, the transition to Windows 10 will come at costs. Just not until they have firmly planted the O.S. via
forced updates.

nekkedrunner

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
The main things missing that keeps me from considering changing 'all' my equipment to Windows 10 is the
lack of a toggle for:

Do Not Permit Cloud Use
Do Not Permit FORCED Windows updates.
Do Not Permit FORCED apps.
Do Not Permit ONEDRIVE.
FREE O.S. no option to stop ADS
Pay version of Windows 10 option to stop ADS.

I would rather Pay for my O.S. than have it throwing ADS at me. Yes the ADS are minimal now
but as time goes on, they will become ridiculous and frequent.
Besides, Windows O.S. will not always be free. Only FREE now to capture the market.

Nobody should have to hack the registry to maintain how they want THEIR computer to run, in a market
that leaves you little choice/alternative O.S.'s and Cloud use.

Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows XP, for knowledge purposes only.
Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows Vista, for knowledge purposes only.
Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows 8.1, for knowledge purposes only.
Happy to have only 1 computer on Windows 10, for knowledge purposes only.

Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows 7 , for regular daily use
Happy all others have switched to Ubuntu O.S., for regular daily use

I've been in computers too long to be excited by Live Tiles, Edge, Cortana when at the same time
it is an O.S. that is so basically invasive on privacy, security and controlling.

Google was bad enough but at least it isn't a Home and Business Computer O.S.!!

Last edited:

nekkedrunner

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I guess people who like MicroSoft Edge don't care that they no longer have control of cookies.
Only options are: On and an option to stop 3rd party cookies. No individual site choice.
Now isn't that a great boost to the spamming of ads on sites.
No option to stop ads...only an option to 'ads based on your internet cruising and personal taste'. I can see that being HEAVILY abused!

It is funny, Yahoo introduced a testing of stopping mail if the user has ADBLOCK running on their computer.
1st question that came to my mind, how do they know what the user is running and what else have they given themselves access to on private computers.
Anyway, Yahoo users are up in arms about Yahoo stopping their mail if they use ADBLOCKER. Threatening to not use Yahoo.
Might even have an affect, if enough of their users complain.
Yet, here we have an O.S. so very invasive of OUR computers and I keep hearing how people love it.
I shake my head and wonder

• how far it will go before you won't even be able to use your computer without a Microsoft account.
    how far being pummeled with ads within the O.S. will go before objections are raised. When it is too late I assume.
    how little use the computer will become UNLESS you are on the Internet.
    how long before more information on the information highway leaves your personal computer than it gets coming in.
    how long before the CLOUD is up and running before it gets hacked with all the vast personal information held out there on supposed secure computers.

all issues that people should be thinking and talking about about instead of things like live tiles not working or how pretty the O.S. is.

I wasn't this PO'd even when the ridiculous failure of Windows Millennium was released.
It was garbage, should never have left Beta and didn't last long but wasn't a security issue to us all.

As I have stated, Virus's are no longer the biggest concern as we move forward. They at least could be removed.

The CLOUD phenomenon is a Godsend to companies but for the user....like leaving your door wide open and going away. ROB US ROB US.
and as I have also stated previously, No wonder it is FREE.
People just can't get past the FREE word and it is just a dangling carrot to induce us onboard. Great ploy and works too.
Just look how many CLOUD servers are offering FREE Cloud (limited), with an upgrade option.
Munch Much goes the carrot. :)

Just Me

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
1. WMP is still here and I still use it occasionally.

2. Then don't, Office and Windows are still separate products. I had a friend using Office 2003 on their Windows 7 computer.
Windows 10 doesn't care 365 or not.

3. You can have a local account still if you'd like, but you probably want to axe some apps and other things.

Thanks for correct some of my misconceptions. I was very worried original Window programs were going to be EOL.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I love the way Cortana is integrated into the OS. Its only going to get better as time and updates come along. I like the return of the start menu and the ability to switch from desktop - tablet mode.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
"Do Not Permit Cloud Use
Do Not Permit FORCED Windows updates.
Do Not Permit FORCED apps.
Do Not Permit ONEDRIVE.
FREE O.S. no option to stop ADS
Pay version of Windows 10 option to stop ADS."

Don't use cloud if you don't want to. Use local account instead.
Force updates to keep everyone secured. You can turn those off if you need to.
What forced apps are you talking about?
Don't use Onedrive if you don't need it.
What ads in Windows 10?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte