10 Reasons Why I Love Windows 10

Josephpaul27

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
1. The start Menu is back
Windows 10 boots to the Desktop by default and the Start menu is just where you?d expect to find it. What?s more, it works like we?re all used to, but has live tiles like in Windows 8. Happy dance. Happy dance!

2. There?s Edge, the sparkly new web browser
The promising-new Edge is apparently the only browser that lets you annotate by keyboard or pen directly on the webpage and easily share with friends. Edge also has a super reading feature. Reading Mode strips all the ads and sidebar crud out of webpages, formatting articles so that they appear similar to a book. It will let you save content to read offline.

3. It now enables virtual desktop-ing
A much awaited feature, Microsoft has finally bringing virtual desktops to Windows. Users will now be able to switch between as many desktops as they want. This will greatly improve workflow on the operating system.

4. It ups its game with Xbox
Xbox on Windows 10 lets gamers access the best of the Xbox Live gaming network on both Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One. What?s more, the performance-enhancing DirectX 12 gaming API can deliver up to a 50 percent performance improvement in games.

5. You can say hello to Cortana on PCs
Windows 10 brings Cortana, Microsoft?s personal digital assistant to PCs and tablets. Cortana is quite intuitive and learns your preferences to provide relevant recommendations, fast access to information, and important reminders. Interaction is natural and easy via talking or typing.

6. There?s a snazzy command prompt (geek alert)
Geeks, rejoice! You will love Windows 10 because it will help you to get an improved command prompt.

7. It?s great for businesses
Major businesses will surely appreciate the new Microsoft OS. The best part is that Windows 10 is compatible with all kinds of modern management systems. Moreover, productivity surely puts this product ahead of others.

8. It lets you edit across devices
Now you can start something on your phone and finish it on your laptop. A new feature, Continuum syncs and stores content from Photos, Videos, Music, Maps, People & Messaging, and Mail & Calendar etc. enabling you to start something on one device and continue it on another.

9. It distinguishes and adapts to devices
Windows 10 supports the broadest device family ever ? from PCs, tablets and 2-in-1s to phones to Xbox and the Internet of Things. Also, if you remove the keyboard on your convertible tablet, and a prompt will appear asking if you?d like to enter tablet mode. And vice versa.

10. It?s free!
And last but not the least, Microsoft announced that the OS upgrade would be offered free of charge for devices running Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Phone.

Regards,
Joseph Paul

nekooh

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Beauty
Simplicity
Diversity
being different
Facilities
New Programs
Universal App
Creativity
One platform, multiple devices
Modern

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
1. 10% more stylus input into the OS (Wish it was more, but Joe did spill the beans that we would most likely be seeing more stylus input features added to windows 10 in the near future. I am waiting for redstone)
2. Interactive live tiles (not here yet, but announced at build 2015 this year it is still coming. Waiting for redstone)
3.Toggles pane in the action center (feels like charmsbar 2.0 for me coming from windows 8.1 Pro)
4. Multiple apps snappable in both landscape AND PORTRAIT orientation (yes finally; Does still need some refinements though)
5. Drag and drops of files between desktop and windows app is possible (not much, but getting there; needs some more refining on the touch UI department and that more apps implement this. Would be a great and natural interaction between apps when using as a tablet)
6. I like it that they still support hotcorner/swipe gesture to open hidden title and app bars in ported apps with swipe down from top edge. At least this way windows 10 is still usable with the core apps from the "first" windows store.
7. multiple desktops. Still figuring out why I would want to use is on my surface pro. But for multitasking I see its practical virtues. Adds a newer layer of flexibility of mulitasking (does needs some more refinement though)
8. Pinable individual settings pages as a live tile. Gorgeously pratically and flexible!
9. windows search has an option for a tailored and expansive search. I like that duality of search results. (but yes, could also still use some more tweaking and refining)
10. tablet mode! It makes the transition from windows 8 a tidbit less of jarring experience. (but also this experience could use a lot of tweaking and refining).

Waited patiently and it seems rumours are building that tile updates and interactive tiles are coming. I dreamt up some simple ideas what I would like to see. Offcourse the video by windowsblotItalia was released a while ago showing a real demo. But I couldn't help think a bit further what more could be done with interactive live tiles and tile updates.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...485&authkey=!AKYSB8HJSuxLx8w&ithint=file,pptx

Anyone else have great ideas to show?

tpcs

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
When Microsoft FINALLY does what they promised ( chrome extensions support), THEN I'll drop chrome. The only extensions I see on the Edge extensions page are completely useless to me.

I need Adblock, Webmail Adblocker, Keep my opt-outs, and AutoHD for youtube. Give me those extensions *AND* , MICROSOFT!!!.... , give Edge IE11's full screen mode ( since Edge doesn't even have a full screen mode yet...pathetic), THEN I'll use only Edge. It's that simple.

I look forward to when that day arrives, and I'll happily give Microsoft applause for a hard-earned accomplishment.

Until then, back to tried and true Chrome.

Shad_Kerr_16

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm not going to list 10 reasons why I love Windows 10 but I will just give random comments: I do like the Edge browser and the fact that it's way more polished and mature. Windows Hello is neat (on the rare occasions it doesn't work on my SP4, which is annoying), Cortana is cool (sometimes it doesn't stay listening long enough and it just times out or it just Bings what I asked but I think it'll get better, maybe I just need to get better at timing my questions after saying the hot phrase). I feel like this is a viable option to Mac OSX. I tried to be a Mac dude but I always go back to Windows, not a huge fan of OSX but I do love the iPhone/iPad and I have a MacBook Pro.

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The first thing I really really like from Windows 10 is the UWP apps are now NOT full screen. I really like Windows RT for the apps in a Surface RT, but I always felt something wrong or ultra weird when opening a picture, or the browser and have it full screen in a regular desktop computer. It felt simply INCORRECT. I hope Microsoft realize sooner than later that this should be the default behavior also in the apps for the phone when used in continuum mode.
I like the Edge browser more than IE and more than Chrome. Finally in AU with extensions which was an important requirement for a lot of people. I wish that the Edge browser had the full screen on window feature it had at the beginning of Windows 10 (when displaying video).
I like the modern look and feel of Windows 10 in general, it feels a lot more refined than previous versions.
I like to have UWP platform behind and the sense of the same app running everywhere, mobile, desktop, tablet, xbox and even hololens. This is good for developers and users. Giving the increasing number of devices I demand that the limit of 10 is too short, and there is no option to "extend" in no way to more devices. The lack of family sharing is still surprising me. I wanted kids corner in the Windows 10 in general, but it seems this is gone in mobile for AU, so it became the opposite I wanted.
I think the next step should be UWP for Android and iOS and the .Net core now in more platforms and the Xamarin thing seems to go to that direction.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I love nearly everything about W10. The W10 upgrades have continued to make the OS better fit the most part. Now that extensions are finally supported in Edge (a year of waiting is a long time) I think I will like it even more.

MartinBiH

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
1. Start Menu
2. Live tiles on the start menu!
3. Multiple Desktops
4. New better Edge
5. Excelent UI
6. Cortana
7. Good cloud integration
8. UWA (Universal Windows Apps)
9. Continuum
10. Performance

Trisha CM

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
1. The ease of personalizing the start menu
2. Multiple desktops (and ability to pin a program to all desktops at same time)
3. The look is great
4. Better snap function
5. Updates to the calculator with weight, volume, length conversions
6. Cortana
7. Voice prompting
8. Windows Ink
9. Connect App
10. Improved Action Centre

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Now that AU is out, I actually have something.

1. Start menu and pinned apps are so customizable
2. Apps can open in a window just like actual desktop software.
3. Now we have dark mode to choose from
4. Edge now that it has extension support (AdBlock was the big one for me but hope more will come along)
5. Windows defender is no longer just a useless piece of built in software if another av solution is installed. Periodic scans shows for definition updates and the ability to scan manually.
6 -10....I have many more so I'll sum it up.... It's windows 10.

May 28, 2014
Visit site
1. Easy to use (for me)
2. Start Menu (much much much cleaner than the Windows 8/8.1 version)
3. Uniform experience across devices (having a Win10 laptop and a Win10 mobile phone)
4. Store
5. Built-in apps are much better
6. Cortana
7. Continuum
8. Insider Program
9. Aesthetically pleasing
10. Gets things done

dgerov21

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
After Anniversary update:
1.Notification sync.
2.Cortana
3.Flat design(I am a huge fan of flat designs)
4.Edge extensions
5.Faster than Windows 8.1
6.Live tiles in start menu
7.Groove music playing FLAC files.
8. It's (was) free!
9.Drivers install themselves.
10.Windows Helo

foodlover36

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you windows 10 looks good and feels great it doesn't work so well on my ASUS laptop because its full of junk haha but it still does what i need it to. I didn't like Visual basic after my experience with version 2010 though it seemed too basic and i couldn't program advanced looking software and after upgrading to Visual basic 2013 the code changed so there was a learning curve and it just messed things up for me.

Aamir Mustafa

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Cortana
2. Action Centre
3. Brand New Start Menue
4.Universal Apps
5. Edge Browser
6.Beautiful UI
7.Faster and Reliable
8. frequent and regular updates
9.new settings app