How do I disable automatic login in to Windows 10?

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Disable automatic login in windows 10

This is a thing that was also on 8.1 (that I hated a lot) and i couldnt remove.
I have 2 accounts on my pc (home and my own account) and everytime i turn the pc on, the last account that was used logs in automatically (mine asks password actually, but the home's one doesn't, so it just logs in).
This is a thing i hate, since makes me waste time login out and login with the account i want to use.
Is out there any option for disable that? In 8.1 that wasn't possible.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Disable automatic login in windows 10

I do that with my account, but my parents usually just turn it off, so id like to have a solution for that. In win7 that was possible, its strange you cant do that anymore

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to assume you have no passwords on those accounts. If so, I don't know how to stop it. You can add a password to both, then it won't auto login.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Or educate your parents to use safe computing practice and log out of their session when they're done (or shut down if they're not using the computer)?

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

And how to turn off password check for Microsoft account every time you wake your surface from sleep?
This is very annoying. Do you guys know how can I disable password check?
Setting up pin makes it easier but still is there a way to fully disable password check?
netplwiz settings doesn't seem to work for me too.

There are two places to set it - one is in Power Options. Check on the left (require a password on wakeup). The other is in Accounts / Sign-in in Settings.

If you have it disabled - try this to check: Set the sleep timer to something small, like 1 or 2 minutes. Now, let it sleep on its own by leaving it alone for 1-2 mins. Once it goes to sleep, wait a few mins and wake it up. Does it come back on without asking for a password? If so, then try forcing it to sleep by pressing the power button (or sleep button). Wait a few mins and wake it up. Does it ask for a password?

I've found on my Surface tablets, if I force it to sleep with the button it asks for a password on wake up. But if I let it go to sleep on its own, it doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro