Why won't the App Store open in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I open the app store, the splash screen comes up and then just disappears and nothing ever happens. Had anyone seen a fix for this?

Christopher Austen

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: App Store won't open Windows 10

same issue here it tries tu update and get embarrassed, shows a error code 0x80131509 and it stays like that. i checked the catch its empty. is there a way to reinstall play store?

Run Command Prompt as admin
And Then Type

sfc /scannow

let it do what it need to do and then hopefully fix the issues
( it will tell you if it fixes once its finished )

Travis Smith3

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: App Store won't open Windows 10

My problem was the store being removed from my sons laptop somehow. Unsure how or why it was deleted, he is only 9 so set up as a user without admin permissions.

This post shows how to reinstall the store using powershell, its very simple and took all of 2 minutes to do.

http ://winaero.com/blog/how-to-restore-windows-store-in-windows-10-after-removing-it-with-powershell/

NOTE: This site wouldn't let me post links as a new user (very helpful!!!) so i had to put a space after the "HTTP" in order to get the link on here, just delete the space when its in your address bar :)

worked instantly with no need to restart... hope this helps guys and gals

qwerty1237034

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
i tried to go to the files u said which was C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache , buut i only able to go to c:\users then it goes there and i dont see none of the rest of the files in that order or at all, and it already has my use name at the c:\users file what do i do now please help, and thanks for any advice you can give me .:wink:

Sov9

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Ahh well, Windows is doing what I want after all. Fast boot. Boot VMware Linux. Profit. Speaking of profit... the one time I take the time to check windows bells-and-whistles-for-sale:::: Fail. Can't wait to purchase a crafted-for-Linux laptop.

GileadsSpawn

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything in here and nothing worked for me. I then went into my microsoft account and checked my security settings and saw I had 2 step verification turned on. Turned that off and deleted my store cache and it worked. Just thought I'd share.

Kavan Sidhu

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to share the solution. I also upgraded my samsung nprv-515-a01us from windows 7 to windows 10. As for restoring use the GUI. Goto search and type in settings. Click on settings and goto recovery. Must be in main admin account or you won't see restore options. Then click reset PC and say keep nothing. You will still have a windows old folder. But its as close to clean install as you will have. Or chose to keep everything and it will probably still refresh the system and you will have store back. But this the second time I have reset the pc and still no luck. App store breaks after few days. "This app can't oepn" "There's a problem with this app. Contact your system administrator about repairing it or reinstalling it" So I got smart. And I made a few local accounts. Leave the admin alone and use the locals for everything. And use a flash stick or external hdd for storing files. If one of the accounts break then just delete it and make another account. And files are saved external so no loss. So goto control panel. Right click start menu button with windows logo bottom right of screen. Select control panel. Then open User Accounts. The say Manage another account. Then click on Add a new user in PC settings link on the bottom. Then click add someone else to this PC. Not family. Then click The person I want to add doesn't have an email address. Then click add a user without a microsoft account. The fill in the User name what ever you want. Add a password and for hint just use the number 1. No body will know what that means. You need a hint so just do that.

Then restart and login to that user and open the store. And add the microsoft account in. If store icon is still missing or refuses to open then reset the pc from admin account in settings. If it works then use the store. And install the apps you want. If it says install for you only say no and for all users. The use any account you like. Keep that account for store only so no files loss and no big deal if needed to delete. If it breaks then delete the account and make a new one. A pain. But at least store works. And if apps are installed for every user not just that account then no big deal if you delete. Because the account is gone. But files are on external or another account. And app still works on other accounts.

Beats hours trying to fix the store. Just make a fresh account and it like a fresh windows no issues. And delete him when he breaks or no longer needed. Pretty simple.

Kavan Sidhu

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I am sorry I didn't realize apps are only for 1 user and not everyone. Still at least you can use apps. As for the not opening I found the solution. You cannot delete the admin because you need him or at least 1 admin account. Good news is you can delete him. I saw it on microsoft website you can have more than 1 microsoft account. So goto control panel and Users Accounts. Add new user and say add someone without email address. Make a new microsoft account and add that in. Then click on that account and say change account type. Change to administrator. Now you have a spare admin you can delete the old one. Back up first and then delete. Or delete and then say keep files. He will still be gone but files retained like docs etc. Then sign it to fresh account and store is back. No need for the corrupt account. And walla. And if he breaks too then same thing again. Back up files and add other microsoft account back in. Since it was deleted it will still now be a new fresh desktop and app store back. And not old broken account. And then remove broken admin account. And keep doing this when it breaks. Its a pain. But reinstalling takes for ever and this is so much easier.

NerdyCrystal

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my Lenovo. None of the other suggestions worked. Only thing that fixed it was to do a PC reset from the settings menu. It kept all of my files, but I did need to reinstall all of my apps and software again. Store works fine now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99