Why won't the App Store open in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I open the app store, the splash screen comes up and then just disappears and nothing ever happens. Had anyone seen a fix for this?

Blaui

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
My Store and Messages apps don't work since I logged off from my account. I tried every possible solution listed here, none of them worked (except the PC reset option which I'd like to avoid as much as possible). I don't know what other apps are broken but those two definitely are.

garcyveg

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact same issue with the windows store not opening. I had to reinstall windows 10 with the option of keeping my files, but all apps and installed programs were lost. I see there are a number of things one can try to fix it and that what may have worked for some did not work for others. I was wondering if anyone has tried to fix the store app using a restore point verses reinstalling windows 10 and if it actually worked. After the installation I did create a restore point making sure the store app opened with no problem first and will continue to create restore points after installing apps/programs and checking that the store app still opens. Hopefully this will save me some grief down the road. Please let me know if this has been done already and if it worked.

jonathanpecany

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Mind did not work either so i tried restoring but it was point to when it was still not working, if anyone else has the same problem you can always restore if the restore point is on a date when it did work. Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance to go restore your computer

JayYat

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I tried this and it came back with there are corruptions that windows cannot fix and still the app store wont open for me its driing me mad I've tried everything and nothing seems to work at all :crying:

marcozomer

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone.
Just wanted to add myself as experiencing the "Windows Store" issue. I tried all I found in the web, but nothing to do: store and many apps won't open (including calendar, calculator...).
I was hoping to fix it by installing W10 Anniversary Edition, but this hope vanished too. :cry:
Dear MS, wake up! I can't believe this is such a huge issue!

Updated Aug 11th: It's a miracle! From today Windows Store and all aps are working properly. Maybe that's due to release KB3176495. Well done! Thanks.

Last edited:

Marcie Fessler

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
i didn't have that subfolder either...then it occurred to me that it might be a hidden folder. I went to View and checked Hidden...that's when the Apps folder appeared and I was able to empty the LocalCache folder. It only had 1 file in it...but now Windows Store is working.

nusairmm

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Please help!!!

yesterday I messed up with permissions under security tab for "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder, later I cannot open any windows based apps not even windows store. when I try to open it just flick or force close.

I tried several measures no luck.

"WSReset.exe"

"Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register ?$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml?}"

"Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\******\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode"

Windows in-built trouble shooting utility "Appsdiagnostic10.diagcab" error"ms-windows-store:purgecaches"

I think your fix will be applicable for me. I am a noob, kindly give me simple step by step procedure.

Please Please help

Thanks in Advance

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Tried many suggestions mentioned here and so far no pay dirt to get store/select apps functioning again, its getting a tad sickening to spend hours or days after an update looking for a resolves to these induced problems. Have 6 devices now running the Anniversary Update w/five needing or that needed attention (issues being very broad and different), there is absolutely no joy now when a W10 update ensues because it is pretty much a guarantee it won't be error free, so much for being "pain free" and thanks MS... NOT! :angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon