How to stop Photos app from displaying thumbnails of my user/pictures folder?

revoc

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
If you start up the Windows Photos app, it opens with a screen displaying all the photos in your user/pictures folder in thumbnail form which I find highly annoying. I want it to start with a blank screen. Is there a way to do this? I thought I might get it to clear up by pointing the folder it monitors to an empty folder and removing the user/pictures folder from settings but the thumbnails are still there...

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Opening up the photos app shows all pictures in your monitored folders. If you have pictures there, they will be shown, and there's no way to hide them.
If you don't want any pictures there, just remove all folders from the Source list found under settings.
Also turn off showing pictures from OneDrive. Though I don't see the point of doing all of this.

If you've already done all of this and it still shows you pictures, then the thumbnails are probably cached somewhere, and I can't help you with that.

revoc

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
If you've already done all of this and it still shows you pictures, then the thumbnails are probably cached somewhere, and I can't help you with that.
Yes, the thumbnails are still showing even after I removed the folders from the source list, or pointed the source towards an empty folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon