Any way to stream movies from Windows 10 PC to Xbox One?

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I know they got rid of Media Center but I didn't think or realize that was the same app. If that's the case, is there no way to stream media from a Windows 10 PC to an Xbox One?

lonelyfairie

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
If you google exactly what you asked you get the exact instructions on the results page, you don't even have to click on any links... don't be so lazy dude...

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
You must be misunderstanding me. I'm trying to figure out how to stream videos from Windows 10 to Xbox One. Not how to stream games from Xbox One to Windows 10 as any search that contains "Windows 10", "Stream", and "Xbox One" only returns results on how to stream games.

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
From Modern UI:
charmbar->devices->play-to...pretty simple. Even works with videos within web browser session, like YouTube - great feature.
From desktop:
fileexplorer->select video->videotools(ribbon)->play-to. Here you are limited to videos you have on your PC, so the charmbar version is more flexible.

ToniEscuder

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
This is for Windows 8 not for Windows 10.

Windows 10 you must select video, right buttom and cast to device. In app I don't know because in Connect you can only do this with miracast and bluetooth, not with DLNA.

PavanReddy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm not able to do this with the right click context menu. When I hover over to "Cast to device", it doesn't list my xbox? I tried checking settings to add devices, xbox doesn't show up there as well...

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
This is for Windows 8 not for Windows 10.

Windows 10 you must select video, right buttom and cast to device. In app I don't know because in Connect you can only do this with miracast and bluetooth, not with DLNA.

You are right. The DLNA play-to from modern UI does not seem to work anymore in Windows 10. Luckily i went back to Windows 8.1 on my Surface Pro 3. I use this feature very often in order to stream YouTube videos to the TV.
On the Windows 10 desktop it works like in Windows 8 though with the limitations i mentioned above, like not being able to stream web video.

kasper 22

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Make sure pc and xbox is on same netwoork. My surface connected to my router`s "wifi-guest" and could not find the xboxone( as intended).
For streaming from pc-browser to xboxone i installed google cast addon in crome. When trying to stream a local video , xboxone prompted to install "movies and tv" on xbox, and started video after installed.

Hope it helps

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digispace24