Why has my wifi disappeared since I loaded Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why has my wi fi disappeared since I loaded Windows 10

There is no recognition of wi fi on my hp laptop. Totally disappeared and the Windows settings are no help. No Wi Fi sense either

baronweasel

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why has my wi fi disappeared since I loaded Windows 10

Same here, on an Asus eeebook. Had internet, then all of a sudden nothing. When I search my computer for WiFi, nothing comes up. No Ethernet port on my laptop, so for the time being I can't get any internet.

RobbieG1983

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi There.

I have the similar issues, apart from the Wi-Fi seems to sometimes work and then just disappears!!
Really annoying....

I am running a Dell M3800 with a clean install of Windows 10.

The info below seems to have worked for my issue thus far.......
Steps that I have taken include:
: Disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the device settings (Device Manager)
: Edited the Power Plan from control panel and set the 'Wireless adapter- power savings' to "Maximum Performance"
: Edited the Power Plan from control panel and set 'PCI Express Link- State Power Management' to "OFF".

This appears to have resolved the issue so far.
The WiFi was switching itself off after around 20 minutes to an hour, but 2 hours in and seems to be stable.
Will let u know if anything changes.
Good luck....

Rob

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why has my wi fi disappeared since I loaded Windows 10

Head to your manufacturer's site and get the latest driver for it. If there is none, then i guess they didn't update it yet for win10. The above power plan thingy can come in handy too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi