If Windows 10 upgrade keeps failing to upgrade, Try this...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

So I was one of those who was battling to get the 10 update to install. I setup Windows 7 on a spare partition just for the RTM upgrade, keeping it out of the preview program (I just want the one I will use to be final code, not beta code). No matter all the tricks I tried, cleaning out the download folder and running that command, it would start downloading but, end up failing. After trying about 5 different tricks (pretty much all of them were about the same).

So, from a MVP post on the Microsoft forums, they suggest to download it from here and kick of upgrade this computer option.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=G-Q2MHfn

It downloads a small program, Select "upgrade this computer" then it will download everything again and install. I tried this on the last attempt and it worked flawlessly first shot. Activated and kept all my old files.

This was done on a CLEAN install of Windows 7 ultimate x64 (nothing installed, not even anti-virus software)

You can ALSO make an ISO off this download so you can do a clean install.

Warning: this did not show incompatibly issues and that Windows Media Center would be removed (something I am still ticked off about ) but, it does install and upgrade your computer to Windows 10.

Enjoy !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963