The only thing not working in Win10 is: OneNote

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I was able to open OneNote on the day my pc upgraded to windows 10, but the next day I couldn't. I scratched my head, thinking what could of caused the issue, and the only thing I did on the day of installation was mess about with my accounts, changing back and forth from Local account to Microsoft account on my pc. Changing my account to how it was when I initially upgraded back didn't resolve the issue, then I thought what about system restore points. I restored my pc back to the day it was upgraded, and OneNote works again, all in sync.

krashek

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
The desktop version is working, the app is not. And I can not uninstall the app... I can't find the way to do it at least. But i just installed office suite 2013 and onenote is working...

paulmooreparks

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
The exact same thing is happening to me on my WinBook tablet, with the exact same useless message. I can't uninstall the app, and there is no information telling me what the problem is. Your post is the only one I was able to find when I searched for help.

paulmooreparks

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, I found a fix, but I'm not allowed to post a link to the fix because I haven't made enough posts. I'm not going to make 8 more garbage posts just so I can post the link, though. Can anyone help?

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The modern app started failing for me to today as well. :(

Try here, on the Microsoft Community site for an answer. It involves removing the app package. I had to do that and install the desktop program to fully get it to work. Now that it's all back and happy, I could probably remove the desktop version and use the modern app only if I wanted, but I'll leave it for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon